Chapter 7

Sam's POV

Its the week before Christmas! We are spending the morning cleaning out the only 2 rooms left in the house for Ben & Alison who are coming home. Not just for Christmas for good. My dad was arrested so they have to come back (I know Sam's dad isn't in jail its just for the story). Then this afternoon we are finishing up some Christmas shopping. Then Ben & Alison come home tomorrow. Mom is really excited. I talked to Ben & he said he never believed a thing that Dad told him about Mom. Alison said she wanted to stay with Mom & I but Dad forced her to stay with him. Not sure which I believe. But Colby & I were moving heavy boxes of who knows what to the attic. We were cleaning Alison's old room first. Then we started on Ben. I missed them a lot. Alison is my big sister. She was pretty protective over me last time I seen her. Ben is my little brother. He enjoys video games & hes very social. I explained more in depth to Colby about Alison & Ben because it kept our minds off the heavy boxes we were moving.

"So they're coming tomorrow?" He asked. Vains in his arms were popping out. That must be a really heavy box.

"Yeah. The room we finished earlier is Alison's old room. This one is Ben's." My mom walked out of the kitchen.

"Boys, I told you to take a break between rooms. These boxes are heavy. You guys go take those upstairs then come take a break." We nodded.

"Sorry Mom."

"Sorry Mrs. Golbach." Colby & I called out as we carried the last box up. Colby has gotten a lot more comfortable around my mom & the girls. As we were walking towards the attic we heard the phone ringing. Our phone rarely rings so I have no idea what it was about. But when Colby & I came into the kitchen from the attic Mom was smiling.

"What? Was it Ben or Alison?" I asked.

"No. The girls are being adopted!" She whispered not wanting them to hear. I looked at her.

"Really? I thought they weren't able to be adopted or something. No wait different kid. But both of them?"

"Yes! Just down the street. I'm going over their now to meet them & tell them something about the girls. & they will be with them before Christmas I believe." She explained as she was walking towards the door. "You guys just relax for a bit. There is lemonade in the fridge. Um, be good." 

"Wow. They've been with us for a few years I wasn't expecting them to leave. A lot of the kids I don't expect to leave, but I was certain my mom would find a way to adopt them or something."

"Well, maybe this family really wants twins. You'll still see them if its just down the road." Colby spoke softly.

"Yeah I know but its still surreal. Chloe & Becca have been with us for 5 years. Honestly I haven't expected them to be here that long. Then when they were I didn't expect them to leave." A tear slid down my cheek.

"Hey. They're gonna love it over there. I know it. But, they will always be your sister. Blood or not." He wiped my tears. He kissed me gently on the lips. We sat there just enjoying each others company for awhile.

"You know. I never got what I wanted for my birthday." I said looking at Colby.

"Oh yeah. We've never had the chance." He answered. He looked at me.

"Mom might be gone for a few hours. The girls won't be able to hear anything." I said pulling Colby towards our bedroom. He didn't fight me. He walked into our room & shut the door. I pushed him up against it. I connected our lips & locked the door. I moved back & looked at him. "Do you want to do this?" He nodded. I took off my shirt & he took off his. I pushed him back on the bed & crawled on top of him. I started to kiss him again. I started to kiss down his neck. Everything was going great until Colby started breathing really heavy.