~10~ Admitting

1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes. I couldn't keep track of how long we had been sitting quietly in my room.

Jason was still hugging me, and rubbing my back. Jacob grabbed my office chair and was sitting across from me.

Dylan and Justin were sitting Indian style on my bedroom floor.

After about what I think is 5 more minutes Jacob finally speaks up.

"That hasn't happened since the incident," Jacob said looking at me with extreme concern.

Jason tightened his hold on me as if he would lose me at any second.

I was still shaken up by what had just happened. Jason was right. I haven't had a panic attack since the incident with our parents.

And I'll let you know that was a very very very long time ago.

"Are you okay?" Justin asked. I didn't even know if I could trust myself to speak so I just lightly nodded my head.

In all honesty, I was too exhausted to lie anymore. I just wanted us to be a big happy family again.

But that wouldn't happen because of that stupid onion called Susan.

"You know you have to tell us what happened, right?" Jason said resting his chin on my head.

"Yeah, you have never gotten those unless something is seriously bothering you, or you are trying to protect someone, and that had only been one time," Dylan said

Oh, Dylan if only you knew it was you I was trying to protect.

"You guys don't understand. If I tell someone in this family is going to get seriously hurt, and I don't want that." I said looking each of my brothers in the eye.

"Don't you see Lisa you have gotten hurt already and I am not just going to sit here while my baby sister gets hurt trying to protect her protectors," Dylan said coming closer to me and holding my hands.

At this point, tears were coming out of my eyes. What do I tell him this will break his heart.

"Tell us, Lisa, please tell us who did this?" Jacob said his voice sounding on the verge of tears.

Was I hurting my brother's more than I was protecting them? I have to tell them.

"Yeah and don't think we believed that lie?"

"What lie?" I asked knowing full on what they were going to say.

I could already tell what face Jason was making even though I couldn't see him.

And it was a 'who do you think I am' kind of face.

"Your eye duh," Justin said.

"Oh yeah about that," I said getting all nervous again.

"Look, Lisa I know you are just trying to protect one of us, but you need to tell us what is going on right now," Jason said with a little sternness entering his voice.

"Okay, okay I will tell you, but please promise me you won't get mad."

"Oh that is out of the question"
"We can't promise you that"
"Heck to the no"
"Not happening"

All of my brothers said at once.

"Okay, okay guys...................its Dylan I was trying to protect," I said looking at the ground trying my best to avoid all eye contact.

At this Jason turned me sidewayss on his lap so he can get a better look at me.

"WHAT, who was it that threatened you, was it one of my friends, or just some random person?." Dylan asked sitting next to Jason and I.

"Well remember when you guys left that one night and invited a babysitter over for me?." I said knowing what would be coming next.

"Yeah," Justin and Jacob said slowly.

Suddenly realization hit Dylan like he hits his Xbox when he loses a game.

"No, no, no you can't mean........." Dylan said with disbelief flashing in his eyes.

"I know I'm so so so so so sorry Dylan, that's why I didn't want to tell you," I said now with fresh tears coming out of my eyes.

Omg how many times have I cried so far, and it's still the morning.

Jason's knuckles were turning white from how hard he was fisting them

Jacob got up and started pacing the room.

And Justin, well Justin just looks completely angry.

In situations like this, I have to currently remind myself that it is not me that they are angry with.

"That stupid " Dylan said slamming his hand on my desk which made me jump little.
Jason noticing this released his fist and held mine instead.

"I'm so sorry, I should have been nicer, I should not have put her in bad mood, its all my fault I'm sorry." I cried even more.

She just had to mess up everything, did she?

"No do not apologize for what she did Lisa, you are the victim here, I should have seen it," Dylan said taking me from Jason and hugging me.

I hugged him back tightly never wanting to let go.

"No one can get away with laying their hands on my baby sister," Jacob said fuming.

Justin's knuckles were also turning a little white.

"Why?" Dylan said off into space knuckles turning white.

"What?" I asked looking at Dylan.

He pinched the bridge of his nose. " I mean why exactly did she do that to your eye.

"Well she just told me to stay away from you guys or I am going to regret it, and when I said she was being an idiot for saying that she punched me in the eye" I finished explaining.

And boy to say everyone was angry is an understatement.

Jacob stormed out of the room.

I was going to go after him, but then Dylan spoke again.

"What else did she say?" Dylan asked now sitting down and putting me on his lap.

I looked at him not wanting to break his heart any more than it already is.

"Well... She said that if I ever tell anyone especially you guys that I would regret it because she would hurt you."

"She actually had the nerves to do what she did and think she can get away with it," Jason said scoffing.

Just as Jason said that the doorbell rang.

Oh, shoot we were expecting the very topic of this conversation.............

~Overprotective~

I know it's a little late, but as promised here you go...😀 Any suggestions be sure to let me know. Until next time.

xoxopeacefulwriting101