~66~ Justice

I was finally able to leave. In the morning the doctor did a few more checkups and decided that I should be okay to go, as long as I would take it easy. "Alright, Lisa I bought you some clean clothes to change into," Jason said walking back into the room. He was in and out signing papers and picking up stuff.

"Thanks. Did you bring my favorite sweatshirt?" I asked him. It shouldn't really matter because at least I would get to change out of this hospital gown but at the same time...

Jason laughed and pulled out my favorite, comfiest sweatshirt. Jacobs sweatshirt. Jacob did a double-take at it once he noticed it was his. "Uh. I'm pretty sure that's my sweatshirt," he said. I smiled at him sheepishly. "But you don't even wear it anymore." Which was partly true. He wore it last Saturday.

"I'm kidding. You can wear it any time you want," he said. "Yay! Give it, give it," I said gesturing to Jason for the sweatshirt. "Well, you need to change first then you can put this on," Jason said. I almost forgot. "Ok," I said about to hop off of the bed. "Wait! Wait," Jason and Jacob both said coming towards me.

I looked at them in surprise. "What? I thought you said I needed to change?" I asked looking up at Jason in confusion. "You need to take it easy. You can't just hop off of the bed, you might fall," Jacob said.

"I'm fine," I said. "Doesn't matter. Come on, I'll help you to the bathroom," Jason said holding out his hand. I sighed and took his hand as I got out of the bed. He was right. When I stood up, I felt very lightheaded for a few seconds and if it weren't for Jasons support I would have fallen.

"You okay?" Jacob asked from my other side. I nodded. "I'm fine."

"I can call a nurse to help you-" Jason started to say before I cut him off.

"-No. I'm fine. I got it," I said to Jason once we reached the three feet it took to get to the bathroom. "Ok, are you sure?" "Jason," I whined. "I don't need a nurse to help me change my clothes," I said.

"Ok, ok. Here, hurry up," he said giving me my clothing. I went into the bathroom and closed the door. I nearly fell when I looked in the mirror. I didn't look like myself at all. The dark circles under my eyes were a stark contrast to how pale my skin was. There was hardly any color in it.

I felt the back of my head and winced. It was definitely still sore. My hair wasn't as bad. It looked as if someone brushed it. I bent over the sink and splashed some cold water on my face, and then some warm water.

I quickly changed into the leggings and long t-shirt that Jason brought me. At least now I looked a little more descent. I walked out and Jason and Jacob both looked at me. "All good?" Jason asked. I nodded until I thought of something. "Where is everyone else?" I asked.

"They should be here soon. Dylan woke up late." I nodded. That explanation made plenty of sense. "Alright, let's go," Jason said grabbing the wheelchair from out of the corner of the room.
"Umm," I said looking at Jason weirdly. Did he really think I was going to get in that?

"Aw come on Lisa. What's not to like about it? You get a free ride," Jason said smirking at me. He knows I don't like wheelchairs. They make me feel...weird. And then everyone is watching and they give you the eyes, the pitiful eyes. Gosh, I hate those eyes.

"But I can just walk-"

"-No. You're aren't walking. So you might as well just get in," Jason said giving me a look. I sighed and reluctantly got into the wheelchair. Jacob gathered everything else and then we were out. Jason stopped by the front desk and signed a few more papers before we were outside.

It was a little cold out and I hugged the sweatshirt closer to me. "Um, where should we stop for breakfast? No one has eaten yet," Jacob said to Jason. He helped me into the backseat of the car and then hopped in the front.