~35~Another Chance?

"I feel guilty now, Jacob," I said belly flopping onto his bed. After I stupidly said that Dad should stay for dinner, I immediately felt bad. "Why?" he asked sitting next to me rubbing my back. It was a simple gesture, yet it could put me to sleep in minutes.

"Because I was only thinking about myself. I didn't think that maybe our brothers wouldn't want Dad back into our lives," I said starting to tear up. After Jason told Dylan and Justin what would be happening, Dylan left and Justin locked himself into his room.

 "Now they are going to be mad at me," I said sniffling a little. "Come on Lisa. Do you really think they would get mad at you over that?" Jacob asked. I shrugged lazily. "Lisa, look at me."

I got up from my position to face him. "They aren't mad at you, okay? They are mad at our Dad," he said looking at me. That, I could understand. "But I am the reason for that. If I wasn't only thinking about myself, none of this would have ever happened," I said looking down again.

Jacob tilted my chin to look at him. "Unless you have some sort of mental powers, you don't know that. They can't be mad at someone for wanting their Dad back into their lives," he said.  I nodded. He was right, but I still felt bad.

"Do you?" I asked looking at Jacob.

 "What?"

"Do you want Dad back into your life?"

 He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He seemed to have thought about a whole lifetime before he answered me. "No," he said. "It would be nice to have a Dad to get advice from, to play games with, to share jokes with, to watch football games with. Don't get me wrong Jason is doing a great job, but too much has been damaged for it to get there. A lot has already happened. That bridge has already been burned, we can't ever get to that point," he said solemnly.

 I looked down pondering what he said. I never really thought about it like that. "But you guys are still young. Maybe, just maybe we can reach that point for you guys," he added. I hugged him, catching him off guard. I know he would have liked a loving Dad as well. He didn't get that when he was my age. He had to grow up too early.

"Thank you," I said to him, still hugging him. "Thank you for being an amazing brother," I finished. He wrapped his arms around me hugging back. I swear I felt something wet on my shoulder, but I dismissed it.

I would have to thank Jason as well. They both deserved so much more.

~Overprotective~

Dylans POV

I was so angry, beyond angry.  He thinks he can just show up here and play Father. Yeah right. I couldn't bear to stay at that house any longer. Not with him there. I got in my car. I was going for a drive. Grayson hopped in the passenger's seat.

I don't know where I am going, I just need to go somewhere. "Dylan, you need to calm down," Grayson said looking at me. I gripped the steering wheel, making my knuckles turn white. "I can't calm down, Grayson. I wish he would just disappear."

Grayson gave me a long look. "You don't mean that."

"Of course, I mean that," I said slightly raising my voice.

"No, you don't. You're just angry. You don't mean that." 

I stomped on the brakes not even caring that I was in the middle of the road. "Dylan! What the heck!" Grayson shouted rubbing his forehead. "I mean that with every fiber in my being. He might not have been doing anything to us first hand, but he might as well have been," I said tearing up. 

They weren't tears of sadness. They were tears of frustration and anger. "I mean, what kind of father stands by and watches his kids get abused? And by his own wife!" I laughed bitterly. "What kind of father sees all the torment his wife puts his little girl through and still has the audacity to pretend to be her father."