~24~ They Are Back

Recap- Lisa and Justin just found out that their parents are back.

My mouth went completely dry, for a second I felt dizzy and sick to my stomach. I can't believe they had the audacity to show up. The memory of what happened with my mom a few days ago still stuck with me.

"What, WHY?" Justin yelled out. "Listen, I don't know, all I do know is that it is safer for you guys if you are not there," Dylan said. I was at a lost for words. It wasn't my dad I was worried about it was my mom.

My dad followed her every command. It was as if she was the head of the family not him. It's not like he directly participated in abusing us, he just never said or did anything to stop it. Our mother, on the other hand, was outright abusive, and I always wondered why.

"Lisa, it's gonna be fine," Dylan said. I felt a hand on my knee and looked up. "I'm scared Dylan, what if something happens to Jason?" I asked. "I know, but I can assure both of you, that Jason can handle himself, okay?" Dylan said looking us both in the eyes.

Dylan's assurance relaxed me a little, and I felt a little better, but the question still hung in the air. Why were they there? "Well, when do you think they are gonna leave?" Justin asked.

His playful and sarcastic mood was gone and was replaced with a sad mood. Even he knew the seriousness of this situation. Dylan sighed and shook his head. "I'm sorry, I don't know Justin, but I'd figure they wouldn't stay there for long.''

"We should probably just do something else, and Jason's gonna call us when they leave, okay? Everything will be fine" he said. It sounded like he was trying to assure himself more than us.

I leaned back in my chair and looked at the surrounding trees outside. I fully trusted my brothers that Justin and I wouldn't get hurt, but I wasn't sure if they would protect themselves in the process.

~Overprotective~

"Of all places we could go to you chose this place?" Justin said. "Well, it was the first place I could think of," Dylan said killing the engine and getting out of the car. Justin and I got out and entered Walmart.

We were immediately greeted with mixed scents of Mcdonalds, Subway, and groceries. It was also freezing in here. I snuggled up against Dylan for some warmth, and he wrapped his arm around me.

"Ooh, can I go to the gaming section," Justin asked. He was a literal child. Like literally a 3-year-old child. "How many more games can you buy, I am almost positive you have bought almost every game there is to buy," I said putting emphasis on every.

"Keyword little sis, almost," he said and was on his way. "Hey stay there and don't move, okay?" he told Justin. "Yeah, yeah I got it" he shouted.

"Well, little one, what do you want to do?" Dylan asked turning towards me. I could tell he was trying to get our minds off of the current situation. I thought about his question and looked around.

I was really into arts and crafts so maybe I will go there. "I shall lead the way," I said after coming to a conclusion. "Lead on," he said. I went towards the crafting section and decided to pick out some glue, paper, scissors, glitter, and other things.

"What do you even need all of these things for?" Dylan asked. He is so simple. "You do know there is a world outside of gaming right?" I said laughing. "Fine, I just think these things are a little unnecessary," he said. "And your games aren't?" I said.

His silence was the only answer I needed. "Besides don't you already have half of these things already?" he asked. "Yeah, but they are running low," I said. "How about you go with Justin and buy some games, cause I know you want to," I said looking up at him.