How many?!

Both hallways halted at around the same length therefore making the mansion seem symmetrical. Again, why did Jeff bring you to an unkempt place like this rather than killing you? Suddenly, you hear someone open the main doors which sounds like an earthquake and sends you running into one of the nearest rooms... "Can i help you?" a voice asks huskily from behind. 

You freeze on the spot in fear of being attacked by Jeff, or even worse! Though now you may be able to receive questions from him as to the strange occurrence of not murdering you... "Why am i here?" you ask as you spin on the spot but become embarrassed when you realise that this is not Jeff. Your face and ears turn red and your eyes fly to everything but the person in front of you. "That's what i'd like to know." He remarks as he folds his slender arms. This boy wore a navy blue hoodie, well kept, and black skinny jeans. Could he be one of them 'emo kids'? His brown hair messily stuck up in all directions, rebelling against gravity and his face... His face was covered by his mask that was blue with black eye holes and black, thick liquid seeping from them. 

Timidly, you ask "who are you?" as you gulp after phrasing the three words. The response was slow and neat. His voice was soothing yet scary, as if it was one that could easily tempt you into danger, "Why must i answer you? You're just a lost soul aren't you?" this made you feel empty as he was right. You had no purpose except to fulfil your boss' commands and survive. Suddenly, a strong arm wraps round your neck loosely and a familiar voice defends you, "Hey Jack leave him alone, stop being so depressing" it was Jeff. He flicked the side of Jack's mask and laughed when Jack fixed the dent left behind. "Must you be so obnoxious? Have you told HIM yet?" he asks calmly, you being unable to read his expression so you didn't know whether he was mad, upset, or just didn't care though it may be obvious which it is.

Listening to Jack's voice made you feel relaxed and at ease, finally someone normal. Normal? Can't be if he lives here with Jeff, the man with weird makeup. Jeff tightens his grip round you as he tenses after the word 'him' left the other's lips, "O-of course not! Let's keep it that way. Or you'll have me to deal with." he points a kitchen knife towards the blue man mercilessly but again he showed no sign of fear. With a shrug he replies with, "Whatever keeps me out of trouble i will follow. So if the time comes, i will tell him." he then pushes Jeff and you out from his room and locked the door. 

When you first entered the room, you could recall seeing scalpels and hospital utensils scattered around. Is he a doctor? What is this place?

Jeff hurriedly pulled you into a room down the opposing hallway labelled '459' and locked you inside as someone ran up the stairs. After you flew to the floor, you ran towards the door and peered  through the keyhole to assess the situation. A tall man in white and black with an abnormally large nose appeared and brought his claws to Jeff's face, "Hey Jeffy-boy, what's the commotion about?" and he sniggered. It was obvious Jeff was uncomfortable with the nickname but he ignored it and responded with, "None of your business Jack. Don't touch me with your filthy paws." he slaps away Jack's black hands. There's two Jacks? This was going to get confusing to remember everyone's names. 

Seeing as you was locked in this room, you decide to look around. In one corner, Jeff had kept all of his blunt knives obviously for spares and probably research? They were stashed in a glass case, similar to one found in a museum. A red rug enveloped the entire floor space and grey, torn wallpaper was on every wall. How dangerous is he really? Against one of the walls (the one opposite the main door) lay a four-post bed messily made and the rest of the room was scarcely furnished with a minuscule bedside table and a washing basket in immaculate condition. Jeff must be quite a dirty person, maybe you could clean for him sometime.

Then all of a sudden you hear the doors squeak open again and thundering steps echoed through the mansion... Jeff and Jack suddenly went quiet. How many people live here?!