Mysteries of the box

Please... Please..."Shut up! Please shut up!" the voices followed you throughout the house but no one else could hear them except Smile. You two stuck together when things got rough and he would try to scare them away. They kept repeating the same words... Home, Wickedness and Fate. What could they mean?

Thursday 12pm, October 8th. Jack (Laughing) walks in with a gloomy look plastered on his face. "Hey, why so sad Jack?" you asked as you walked in with a plate full of food. He snarled and ignored you. You were feeling pleasant that day so receiving that reaction left you a bit blue too. The two of you sat in silence as you often looked up in hopes for a smile or a joke.

B3N suddenly appeared behind Jack and gave him a startle. But still he didn't say a word. You looked at B3N who returned the same confused look. "Cheer up Jacky-boy. Whatever happened couldn't have been that bad could it?" to which he replied with a bang.

You jumped to his risen form which had hit slammed the table a couple times, "Bad?! It was terrible! Terrible I say!" he began a long rant about how terrible his day was but what surprised you was the nature of their jobs. Do they all... Kill differently? Often? How many?

You pause the two, "Wait. You're telling me... That You're not in hiding from the one or two deaths of p-people... You kill all the time?!" your fingers tremble as you sit in your chair. Heart thumping, voice breaking and spine chilling. It was like the time when you first met Jeff. Maybe you are just that naive like he said. Stupid. "Yeah. Those brats dare defy me?! Fuck! They just make me want to-" B3N paused his rant and pulled him away feeling the fear emitting from you. They had called Jeff at some point to collect you but you just stared at him and avoided all contact. "Y/N. I would never hurt you. Okay? Look! I have no weapons on me. I might have had those thoughts when I first met you but I have no intention to harm you" he pulled you in for a hug. He held you close until your quaking had ended. Once they had, he pulled away and looked at your eyes to reassure you once more. You smiled anxiously though you whole-heartedly believed him.

The two of you went up to his room where he left you with Smile before leaving for work. "To kill people... People like me... But why?" you looked at the drawers under the tv and brushed through them effortlessly until you found your box again. It still looked as clean as it had before. The red rose mirroring an ancient painting, the woodwork looking glossy and pristine. Could one of the killers here know something? Once again you venture out of Jeff's defence and into the killers' domain.

You found B3N snacking on chips. But the thought of approaching him for a favour probably meant he was going to ask for a wager. So no. Jack was known to be a nimble listener so perhaps asking him would be a start. But to no avail he was no help. Though he did clue that the rose is a signature symbol for someone on their side. He be a dirty deal even in their world so he didn't want to talk much longer. Maybe he could be the one who has the key to this box.

You stare at the wooden piece in awe. To finally find its purpose would be a dream. Did your grandmother know? She looked heartbroken whenever someone would request its secrets. Perhaps she knew?

During nightfall you laid in the dreadful room with Smile. The voices spoke of home... Home... Home... Could there be something for me at home? You shan't know for you were confined within the walls of the mansion. If you leave with their guidance, maybe the voices could let you go. But was that just wishful thinking? Then Jeff returned.

"Jeff! Jeff I need your help!" you ran to him as soon as he entered his room. He looked shocked. You pulled him in and closed the door to sustain privacy. "Jeff, who is the one with the red rose?" and he snarled. With a time consuming argument, and two breaks, he finally succumbed to your stubbornness. "He... Is Slenderman's brother. He is called SexualOffenderman. Not very creative but it is what it is. He has two roses. The blue rose symbolises death. The red rose symbolises Lust".

You sat beside him on the bed engrossed in the story you've been working for. "I don't know what you're after but... Whatever. He basically either, seduces his victims and kills them or he just ends their life with nothing but pain. He is basically a disgusting creature with no shame in his work". You wish to question his summary but left it for another day.

What could your family have any relevance to this sex offender?