Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Here's the famous 'lucky burger' with our special sauce for Sarah," smiled Annie and put the plate in front of her.

"Thank you," she smiled, "It smells wonderful."

"... and the usual for you, Pete."

"I don't get a lucky burger?"

"Sorry, that's only for her..." she winked to Sarah. "I'm sure you haven't eaten a good burger for a long time my dear," and with that she went back to the kitchen.

"...She knows it," whispered Sarah.

"Nope."

"Then why did she tell me this?"

"Because you are too pretty for eating these kind of things," he teased her.

"Seriously... I'm sure she knows it."

"You wanna bet?" asked Pete with a grin.

"Okay... If you win, I'll spend a whole night with you, and if I win..."

"I'm in," replied Pete immediately.

"You don't want to know what if I win?"

"Anything you want, I'm in."

"Okay... then deal," laughed Sarah and she took a bite with pleasure. "Gosh, I really missed these kind of guilty pleasures."

After dinner they had to go, because Pete planned another classic program for the evening.

"Thanks for everything," said Pete as he hugged Annie. "We really enjoyed ourselves."

"It was my pleasure to finally meet with the girl you love."

"Yes, I'm sure she is the one I've been waiting for."

"I can see it on you. She is a lovely creature, and if you would have to..." She lowered her voice, "You know, be on the run... you can count on us."

"You mean..."

"If her husband would want to get revenge," she winked and left a shocked Pete behind.

"You okay?" asked Sarah as they headed out.

"Yes, just... um, it seems you won." he said and closed the door behind them.

"What?"

"The bet, you know..."

"Oh, so she knew it?" cried Sarah, "What can I say... I'm good."

"Yes, really." he laughed as he pulled himself together a bit. "So what do you want? I'm starting to regret that I didn't want to know what if you win..."

"Well, I said if you win, I'll spend a whole night with you..."

"Yes..." he sighed sadly.

"And I wanted to say that if I win... then you'll have to spend a whole night with me," she giggled as she saw the happiness in his eyes.

"It couldn't be any better," he said kissing her lovingly.

"But now... you promised another classic program, right?" she smiled, breaking the kiss.

"Yeah, that's right. And I'm sure you'll love it..."

To be continued...