Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"How did you say that?" hissed the President and slowly stood up.

"You heard it."

"You want to say that my wife... my beautiful, sophisticated wife and....YOU?" he just looked at him scornfully. "How did you even dare to touch her?!"

"You know... I would quickly put that back in place," said Pete on a calm voice, looking at the gun in the drawer.

"And why should I do that?"

"Because I have an offer for you..."

"Interesting..." he smirked. "What could offer me such a nobody as you?"

"I will tell you... but first you have to understand something."

"I'm all ears..."

"Your marriage with Sarah is over and she is with me now."

"Oh, really?"

"Yes, and you two will divorce."

"Of course, immediately. Where do I have to sign?" he laughed so hard, he could barely stop. "You are a funny guy Pete, really."

"Maybe you think it's funny, but it's not a joke."

"Do you..." the President leant closer. "Do you really think that I will give up on my wife? Hm?"

"You don't even love her..."

"How do you know how I feel for her?!"

"Because if you would love her, you would not neglect her," said Pete with one breathe while the President just kept the eye contact. "Sarah is the kindest and the most adorable woman I've ever met and all you would have to do is love her."

"Thank you for your advice, but I can decide what is best for my wife."

"But just until the divorce."

"Never! Do you hear me? I'll never divorce from her."

"Maybe my offer makes you change your mind," he looked determined. "So now you have to chose between your wife and your career."

"What?!...How you mean that?"

"I'll tell you. If you won't sign the divorce papers, your wife's beautiful, but wounded face will be on the cover of every newspaper in the country and you know domestic violence is a pretty hot topic these days... so what do you chose? Your wife or your career?"

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Two months later in a little house by the sea....

"Pete, would you like some tea?" asked Sarah as she turned the kettle on, truly enjoying their new life together.

"Um... just one sip from yours." he teased her, kissing her neck softly.

"I knew it," she giggled. "That's why I choose a mug."

"Very thoughtful."

"Do you..." she turned around, "Do you remember what I told you after our first kiss in the garden?"

"About your dream?"

"Uh-huh."

"You just don't want to say..." he smiled.

"Yes. It seems it finally came true," she whispered before he leant closer and kissed her lovingly.

The End