Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"That sounds serious..."

"Well, I really hope it's not," smiled Pete. "I just became a bit uncertain I think," he sighed as they sat down on the sofa.

"Uncertain?... But why?" she tried to understand him.

"Because I don't want to ruin this whole thing with you. It's... it's just too important."

"As for me," she smiled softly. "And I really don't know how you could ruin it. Everything is so good."

"Yes, but... I just don't want to be too pushy," he said with one breathe.

"Pushy?"

"Like last time."

"Oh, you mean that kiss? I've already told you, you did nothing wrong. I loved that kiss." she smiled encouragingly.

"But you cried."

"Yeah, but it had nothing to do with the kiss."

"I kissed you and you began to cry. It had something to do with it."

"I was just a bit confused that's all," she tried to ease him, then there was silence for a few moments.

"You know... I'm really trying to do my best to make you feel comfortable and secure with me."

"And you're doing it perfectly," she was so sweet. "Really."

"I only hope so. But... since I saw you in this outfit, you know," he smiled. "I can't get it out of my mind that we are just wasting time, instead of..."

"Oh... okay, I finally understand." she giggled.

"Long ago with other women, it wasn't a question... I mean we already would have gone to the bathroom together."

"Oh, really?" she laughed from the bottom of her heart.

"Please don't misunderstand me."

"I won't, don't worry." she was a bit more serious now.

"But with you Sarah, it's different..." he took her hand, "Because with you I want to do everything perfectly. Do you understand that?" he smiled and he could see the tears in her eyes. "See? You're crying again," he teased her.

"No. Not yet..." she whispered and leant closer to kiss him... this kiss was different somehow than all the others before, because now she really tried to tell him what she could not say with words.

"...So, you're not angry?"

"Do I seem angry for you?"

"No," he chuckled. "Definitely not."

"But I have a question for you..."

"..."

"Actually what have you been thinking, why did I choose only a shirt from your wardrobe?" she asked playfully. "Hm...?"

"You mean..."

"Exactly," she chuckled. "And now I finally understand why did it not work... or it worked."

"Yeah, it worked perfectly. Too perfectly as a matter of fact."

"Then, could you tell me," she asked mischievously. "Why exactly are we still wasting this precious time we have?" before he picked her up lovingly and headed to the bedroom with her... and that little room became the whole world for them for a few hours.

To be continued...