Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"Did I wake you up?" he whispered lovingly as Sarah opened her eyes. She was laying in his arms, enjoying his closeness.

"No... I'm fully awake," she smiled dreamily. "I don't want to miss a second of this day."

"Me neither," he smiled and continued to stroke her back softly. "You know, if I could stop time... I would surely do it right now."

"...and I would really love that," she smiled and looked up at him, then she suddenly froze. "What's the matter?"

"Sarah, I... I don't want you to go back."

"..."

"Sorry, it's just slipped out somehow."

"You know if I could do it I..." she sighed and sat up.

"I did not mean to upset you. Please do come back."

"No, I think I should rather get up."

"Sarah..." he tried, but she was already out of bed. He knew he screwed it up again, gosh... why the hell did he mention it?

He quickly climbed out of bed and went after her.

"Sarah..." he softly knocked on the bathroom's door, hearing her sobbing inside. "Please, come out... I did not want to make you cry."

"I'm ok, just..." she sniffled quietly. "Just give me a few moments please."

"Right... I'll be here if you would need me," he sighed and did as she wished.

A few minutes later, she pulled herself together a bit and finally came out.

"You okay?" asked Pete as he stepped closer.

"I'm sorry..."

"You have nothing to say sorry for," he said softly and drew her to his embrace. "It was my fault."

"No," she shook her head. "But I really didn't want to ruin this day... it was so good."

"You didn't ruin it. Where do you get this from?"

"Yes, I did." she whispered. "But I've just realized that... we'll lose this."

"No..."

"Yes, we will." she nodded. "We can hardly be together."

"We'll manage it... Sarah," he waited for her to look him in the eye. "I promise we'll manage it, okay?"

"The only thing I know, that I don't want to lose you." she whispered.

"And you won't... I promise," he smiled with faith then softly kissed her. Her answer was another kiss... then another... and it slowly led them to their dreamworld again...

"Oh shit," sighed Pete as they heard the alarm clock's beeping.

"Just what I was thinking... but we have to go back." she remarked sadly and gave him a last kiss.

"I know... and we expected this after all."

"Yes, but that doesn't make it easier... thank you." she smiled as he pulled her up to her feet. "Do you know where my jeans and shoes are? I think I left them in the bathroom, but I couldn't see them."

"They're still there, I just put them into the dryer."

"Oh, thank you... then I think I'll quickly dress up."

"While I'll make some breakfast for you." he said and headed to the kitchen, but she stopped him.

"Don't bother with it. I'm not too hungry..." she smiled and gave him a quick kiss, "But it's sweet of you."

"I've thought it was a bit sweeter than that..." he pulled her back playfully and gave her a longer kiss.

"It's okay now?" she giggled.

"Regarding to the shortness of time... yes."

"I'm glad to hear that," she giggled then added mischievously, "You know if we would have time, I would have plenty of ideas to say thanks."

"Please, don't torture me."

"Okay..." she chuckled, "Then just give me five minutes and we can go."

Their time back to the White House passed by quickly. The plan was simple, Pete somehow distract the attention, while she sneaks back to her suite... and everything went according to plan. He started chatting with the agent on duty at her door, but when she wanted to sneak inside, the agent suddenly turned around...

"Excuse me Ma'am, but where have you been?"

To be continued...