Big Night

This was it! The big night! Everyone's hard work was finally going to be put to the test because tonight was the Grand Opening. Kassi had been in overdrive for weeks now. All the staff was trained and she was very confident that they would be able to handle tonight. All her years working for her uncle, Kassi had handled a lot of big events but nothing compared to this one. Camera crews from Trutv were setting up to film the grand opening, the Jokers friends and families, and so many celebrities were coming to celebrate.
Kassi, John, and Melissa who was the new General Manager of the Jokers' bar were all discussing last minute details. Melissa used to work with Sal years ago at his old bar and he felt she was the perfect person to run there day to day operations. Kassi had been working really closely with her and the other girls training them to make sure they were ready to handle everything when it was finally time for her to leave.
Kassi took a minute to sit down and take a short lunch break before continuing with the day. As she picked at her salad she flipped through her phone and scrolled through pictures she had taken. This summer was slowly coming to an end and it certainly was a memorable one. There were pictures of her and Brian on all their different dates, going for walks in park, spending the day at the beach which he said he hated but would do it for her, pictures she had taken at a live Tenderloins show, but the ones that really made her smile were the ones she had taken when he kids were visiting. Even though it was just for a short time, she could tell her kids had been crazy about him. Whenever she would talk to them they would always ask to talk to Q which he was always thrilled to do. For a summer fling that wasn't supposed to be serious, Kassi was starting to develop an aching feeling in the pit of her stomach every time she thought of never seeing him again.
Kassi was startled by a kiss being brushed against her cheek. "Hey you." She smiled getting up to wrap her arms around his neck kissing his soft lips that tasted of iced tea.
"Mmm.." Brian moaned into the kiss, "Hey babe." He said against her lips not wanting to breakaway. It was crazy he had just seen her a few hours ago as he had stayed the night at her hotel but in just that short amount of time he missed her.
The other jokers walked in with Brian and sat at the table Kassi had been eating her lunch at. She greeted them with hugs but was immediately pulled onto Brian's lap. She couldn't help but smile as he nuzzled into her hair, and kissed her neck sweetly. None of his friends has ever seen him act so affectionate and even though Kassi had been in his life for a few months now, it was still strange to see. They were happy for him but knew their arrangement and were just a little nervous at how he was going to be once she returned home.
After going over a few more details for the grand opening that would be happening in just a few hours she had to get back to work. "Alright I gotta go, looks like my Uber just pulled up." She said reaching for her purse and getting off of Brian's lap.
"Where you going?" He asked.
"The uniform company finally finished everything for the girls, talk about last minute. There's not time to deliver them so I have to go get them myself." She explained. Kassi had ordered pretty sexy uniforms for the bartenders and waitresses to wear and had been going back and forth with the company but finally got them and was excited to see them at the grand opening.
"Be careful, see you in a bit." He said pulling her in for one last long kiss.
Neither Kassi or Brian had been one for major PDAs in front of people but when it came to each other, they just didn't care.

Coming around the corner, John smirked seeing his niece so smitten with this guy. Clearing his throat to make his presence known he playfully slapped Brian on the shoulder, "Brian, think you can remove your tongue from my goddaughter's mouth long enough so she can do what I'm actually paying her to do?" He asked.
Kassi rolled her eyes and leaned in to kiss this man one more time. "See you in a bit." She said softly against his lips.
As Brian glanced down at his watch he felt all eyes in the room where on him. "What?" He said smiling knowing damn well what his friends were staring at.
_____________________________