The Accident

It had been a hectic morning. Kassi has gotten the kids to bed early since they had been up since 4am traveling and hoped they slept in but no chance of that, they were up jumping on their mom's bed yelling at her to start the day.

She was very surprised Brian hadn't mentioned anything to her about her breakup with Harrison. After dinner he helped put the kids to bed, kissed Kassi on the forehead and headed for his room for a good night sleep. It was as if he had a 6th sense or something because very soon after the kids got up he was at the door with coffee and breakfast. Still incredibly tired she answered the door and graciously took the coffee, "You're a god." She muttered with still half opened eyes.

It was a team effort but they actually were able to get the kids fed and dressed in record time. "My mom and Kelly want to take London to get her flower girl dress this morning." Brian said. Kelly was Brian's soon to be new sister in law. "Okay well I guess I should go too. Think you can hang with the boys? Doubt they will wanna go to a dress shop." She asked.

"My mom will be fine with her, I thought you and I could just take the boys to the beach." Brian suggested.

"Oh? Yeah sounds good. How much money you think they need for the dress?" She asked looking around for her purse.

"Kassi!" Brian said trying to get her attention, "I already took care of it. She is half mine, remember?"

"You sure? I know stuff like that can get kinda pricey especially for something she's gonna wear once." Kassi argued. Truth was Brian was more than generous when it came to his daughter. He covered her health insurance, started a college fund for her the day she was born, and was constantly sending money for new clothes on top of the child support they agreed on when she was a baby.

Brian gave her a look to stop arguing with him, "I'm the good baby daddy remember?" He joked.

"Shut up!" She laughed but he was right. If Danny made her life that easy it would be so much better. Kassi was constantly chasing him for late child support for the boys, which was one of the reasons she was relieved John offered her a promotion.

________________________________

Tommy and Austin argued with their mom the entire walk down to the beach about wearing their life vests.

"Guys for the last time, no vests, no ocean! The current can get too strong, now I'm done arguing!" Kassi said putting her foot down.

"But Mom!" They both protested.

"Guys, zip it! You're wearing them." Brian stepped in and they both immediately put their vests on.

"Thank you." She mouthed to Brian. She had good kids but they were constantly testing their limits with her.

Brian's younger brother, Danny, his wife, along with all the older kids had joined them a little while later. London still wasn't back with her grandma yet. Kassi and Brian came in from the ocean and Brian laid down on one of the hammocks on the sand under a fruit tree. "We're gonna go grab some more towels." Danny yelled across the sand, "Kas, you good with the older ones keeping an eye on the boys?" He asked.

Kassi noticed the tide was pretty high so the kids weren't that far away and they had their life vests on. If it was London she would be a little more concerned but the boys were older and good swimmers. With the older kids watching over them she didn't have any concerns. "Be back soon." They waved.

This left Kassi and Brian alone. Brian slowed down the hammock that he had swinging, "Plenty of room on this thing if you're interested." He said turning his head to look at her. "And considering you're not attached to anyone anymore..."