Snowed In

Brian sat in his office, it was a couple weeks before Thanksgiving and they were supposed to be shooting a challenge today but due to a snow storm that swept the entire Northeast, they had to cancel. He was finishing up some last minute stuff when his phone rang.

"Hello?" He answered

"Hey it's me, sorry to bother you. You working?" Kassi responded on the other end.

"Nothing crazy, what's up? How's Florida?" He asked. Kassi had taken the kids to visit her mom for a few days.

"It was fun but thats kinda the reason I'm calling. You're in New York right?" She asked.

"Yeah at the office. I'm heading home soon before this storm gets any worse." He explained.

"Well I think we may be flying into JFK in a few hours." Kassi went on to explain that the storm was much worse at home and the only flight they could get even close to Boston was New York. "So I was thinking of you want, London can stay with you so you can spend some time together. Me and the boys can just get a room somewhere."

"Or I could pick you all up and you all can just stay with me?" Brian suggested. This was one thing that always annoyed him about his ex; she was always quick to keep things separated. He knew the boys weren't his kids but he loved them as if they were. "Why have you and them at a hotel when you can all just be together?"

"I mean only if you're sure? I just didn't know how your girlfriend would feel with me staying there." She said.

"How many times I gotta tell you, I don't have a girlfriend." He sighed. His last girlfriend was Kassi. Sure, he had hookups but no girl he ever had true feelings for; just someone to keep him somewhat satisfied. "Text me your flight info and I'll be there to pick you guys up."
________________________________
"London's room is all set up for them. I have an air mattress as well so they don't have to cram in one big and then I figured you could just take my room; I'll take the couch tonight." He said.

"I can have the couch, no reason to put you out of your room." She said.

"Can't you just let me do something nice for you?!" He sighed feeling so defeated with this woman sometimes.

"Thank you, I appreciate it." She smiled.

"Anytime." He said placing his hand against her cheek. Kassi took a second to lean into his touch. It had been so long. She let out a slow deep breath, the love was still there. They both knew it. Brian pulled her close placing a kiss to her forehead like he always used to do. Kassi brought her arms around him and rubbed her hands up and down his back lightly scratching causing him to shiver under her touch.

"Hey Q!?"Austin came running into the kitchen. The two immediately jumped apart before Kassi's oldest saw them.

"What's up bud?" He asked feeling a little flustered at the moment but hiding it as best he could.

"Can I play your pinball machine?" He asked.

"Oh ahh..yeah sure of course." He said trying to compose himself.

Kassi was already on the other side of the room at this point. She needed her distance from this man. He still effected her in every way. "Make sure your brother and sister get a turn Austin!" She yelled after him as he dashed up the stairs.

Brian grabbed an iced tea from the fridge and took a long sip. The tension in the room was evident. Neither knew what that moment that they just shared was about. "I got stuff to make tacos for dinner. Figured something easy. Boys still like those right?" Brian asked finally breaking the silence.

"Yeah, tacos sound great. I'm gonna get the kids stuff upstairs." She said and quickly scurried out.

____________________________
Brian made his way down the stairs after putting the kids to bed, "If I read the Hungry Hungry Catapillar one more time I'm gonna shoot myself." He said taking the glass of wine Kassi offered him.