FastForward

3 Years Later

Brian Quinn groaned as he answered his phone that would not stop ringing. "Hello?"

"Hey babe!" Came a voice that was entirely too sexy for so early in the morning.

"Hey sweetheart." He had to fight the urge to roll his eyes.

"I hate that you didn't stay last night." The woman on the other end of the phone pouted.

"Yeah sorry, told you I had to be up really early." Brian said pulling into his destination.

"Well can we get dinner tonight?" She asked.

"Most likely not gonna be home" He answered as he got out of his car. "Look I gotta go, I'll call you later." He ended the call before she even really had a chance to say bye herself.

After getting a day pass from the office, Brian made his way down the hall and knocked at the door. A young woman in her late twenties greeted him with a smile but his eyes were hunting for the one person he came to see. He spotted her, busy with whatever she was working on with her back turned, Brian quietly snuck into the seat next to her waiting for her to notice.

Finally when she turned it took half a second to realize who came to visit, "Daddy!!" A 3 year old London Quinn shrieked, "You came you came!" She shouted in excitement wrapping her little arms so tight around her daddy's neck. Today at London's preschool, it was breakfast with Dad day. Little London had been telling her daddy about it for weeks but with her living in Boston with her mom and Brian in New York he knew he couldn't promise her. London was incredibly smart for her age and Brian knew if he said he was going to be somewhere, he better damn well be there.

London's teacher, Ms. Tessa, came up to the table, "So glad you could make it, London was a little sad this morning. London, why don't you go get your daddy some muffins and juice."

"Ok!" London jumped up from her seat running towards the kitchen area, "I'll be right back!"

"How's she doing?" Brian asked London's teacher.

"She's doing great. Reading well beyond her age level." Brian smiled at this; him and Kassi were big readers and always made sure to instill that in their daughter.

"And I was telling Kassi the other day, that we have a new boy that transferred from a different classroom and London made sure everyone was nice to him and that he felt included." Ms. Tessa told Brian.

London was back with a giant plate of mini muffins and juice for her dad, "Geez kiddo, I would have been fine with a couple, I'm not gonna eat all those!" Brian laughed at his daughter.

After Brian ate about 20 mini muffins, London was dragging him around her classroom, showing him the book area and the art area where she pointed out all the drawings that were hers. Brian followed close behind forcing down the orange juice that had entirely too much pulp in it but he gulped it down because his daughter made it. When London had showed Brian everything there was to see, he decided it was time to go have some fun. He approached her teacher, "If it's alright I'm gonna take her for the day." He said.

"Of course, your on the list of people to dismiss her. Go have fun." She smiled. She had noticed a little bit of a change in her student over the last month. When she brought it up to Kassi, she explained it probably had something to do with her dad being on tour the past few weeks and missing him a lot.

"We're just gonna stop in and see Mommy real quick then what you say we hit the boardwalk and get ice cream?" Brian asked as he buckled London into her car seat.

"Ok!" Landon yelled bouncing up and down so excited to see her dad today. On the drive over to Kassi's job, Brian listened to everything London had to talk about. One major difference in his daughter than her big brothers was she never stopped talking but Brian could listen to her all day.
_____________________________