Trust and Faith

2 years later

Brian smiled as he pulled into his driveway. He and the guys had been away for three days on tour and hearing his kids yelling and playing in the backyard was music to his ears. Who would have thought he would have ever had this life?

Brian had been touring the past few days and it was good to be home but there were certain words he needed to have with his wife when he walked in the door.

He walked in his kitchen and noticed a massive mess of potato salad, burger buns, and condiments. This could only mean one thing, Kassi was attempting the use the grill. Last time she tried that his old firemen buddies were called. It was last summer and he was away on tour, and his old friends found it hysterical that they had actually gotten called to Quinn's house. They called him from the house and were in tears laughing so hard at the irony that a former fireman's wife had to call the fire department. He called her afterwards and nearly lost his mind forbidding her to go anywhere near his grill.

"Freeze!" He yelled coming onto the deck and seeing his wife attempting to flip the burgers. "Step away from the grill Mrs. Quinn." He ordered.

She was both startled and excited to see him and cocked a half smile, the rush she felt still hearing him refer to her as Mrs. Quinn never got old. "The kids wanted burgers for lunch." She said.

After pulling her in for a kiss he shooed her away and took over the burgers, throwing another one on her himself. Kassi came up from behind him and hugged him tight. "I missed you."

"Missed you more." He said bending a bit so he could swing his arm around her and hold her tightly against his side.

The past couple years had been busy but fantastic. The show's success didn't stop and they were booked for two more seasons. After that it was a mystery as to where they saw themselves going. This last tour while on a couple hour bus ride they talked and discussed perhaps calling it quits after the 10th season. The last thing any of them wanted was running it into the ground, they thought leaving on top was the best way to go.

They all also had their own side projects going and were hopeful to explore them more. Sal's solo standup was becoming more and more popular and it had always been a dream of his. Murray's book, The Awakening, was a best seller and he was starting to get together with production companies to make it into a movie. If it all worked out he would spread his wings and perhaps direct it himself. Joe started branching out and doing more producing for the network and found that he really enjoyed developing and helping new shows. He was also starting his own anti bully charity that he was putting a lot of time into.

And Brian? Well he was loving everything about his life. Professionally he was still publishing issues of Metro which was getting to be very popular in the comic book world. He was also heading out to LA in a few weeks to meet with heads at a podcasting company. His goal was to perhaps get his own channel off the ground and start recruiting different shows. With all these different ventures going for the guys, it just seems inevitable that Jokers would one day have to come to an end.

Even with all the professional success, it didn't come close to Brian's personal success. His marriage was one that people envied. It still blew people's minds that after all these years, it wasn't rare to look over and see the two cozied up in a corner together making out like a couple of teenagers. The kids were doing great as well. The boys were getting older and Kassi swore she never even saw them anymore because they were always off with their friends and just came home to change clothes, eat, and go back outside to hang with their friends. London was also getting older and now at 6 was not as obsessed with her dad as she once was. It broke Brian's heart that he was slowly ceasing to be the center of his little girl's life but he supposed it was normal. The constant eye rolls he was getting now for making a lame joke was enough to drive him insane though. Kassi would just laugh and shake her head in disbelief that Brian really thought she was gonna stay daddy's little girl forever. Hell, she had been fighting with London for years already, it was kinda nice for her to pick on the other parent now.