A Mother's Talk

"Q" Austin said coming into the dining room where Brian and the other three Jokers had set up camp going over new material for the tour that would start when Brian and Kassi returned from their honeymoon.

"What's up bud?" Brian answered looking up from his notes.

"She's doing it again." He said.

"Who's doing what?" He asked.

"Mom, she's acting weird again." The little boy said, "She wanted me to ask you where the power washer was."

"Why?" He said looking at his soon to be stepson like he had 2 heads.

Austin shrugged, "I don't know. She's in the backyard." He answered, "Does this have anything to do with Grandma?" He asked having heard the two adults talking the other night.

"Mom is just a little overwhelmed right now with the wedding and her new job." Brian tried to assure Kassi's oldest.

"I think she's just losing it." Austin said grabbing a juice box from the fridge, "Can I play with your Xbox?"

Trying to cover up his laugh he just nodded yes and watched Austin scamper out. "Kassi okay?" Murr asked concerned.

"She's just been off all week after finding out that her mom is remarrying." Brian explained. "And when Kassi is stressed she cleans."

Sal, being very OCD smiled, "Nothing wrong with that."

"No you don't understand..." Brian responded, "She cleans like no one has ever seen before, its borderline scary." He then stopped talking when he saw his fiancé walk in the room.

"Baby did Austin tell you I need the power washer?" she asked.

Brian's friends looked on in shock, Kassi was usually always so put together but today she looked a wreck. Her hair was a tattered mess on top of her head, giant bags under her eyes, and her sweatpants had a hole at the left knee.

Brian sighed in frustration, this had to stop. "Yeah what the hell you need that for?" he asked, "And why aren't you dressed? Thought you were meeting my mother at 1?"

"I got plenty of time. Power washer? Where is it?" she asked now annoyed that he wasn't answering her.

"For what?!" he raised his voice. Meanwhile the guys were watching their friends, not sure what to make of this whole situation.

"Have you seen the side of the house? It's filthy!" she exclaimed.

Brian couldn't take it anymore, "Kassi, baby, honey please you have to stop this." He said placing his hands on her shoulders to get her attention, "I love you but you're fucking losing it!"

"Well excuse me! I just thought you'd appreciate a clean house." she shouted.

"Kassi I watched you scrub a wall so hard last night, the paint came off." Brian reminded her. "Now listen, I know you are trying to come to terms with that fact that your mom is getting remarried but this is not normal."

"I am coming to terms with that JUST fine!" She snapped.

"ENOUGH!" he screamed causing everyone in the room to jump, "Now my mother is on her way into the city to meet you to go wedding dress shopping, because in case you forgot your mother isn't the only one getting married and I did not just write a giant fucking check the other day for you to walk down the aisle in a fucking t-shirt."

Kassi was stunned by Brian's words but she knew deep down he was right. She had to snap out of this and focus on all the good things she had. Without another word she turned around and headed upstairs to take a shower and get ready for her shopping date with Carol.