Surprise at the Office

The chaos of Christmas was finally over. The morning after Kassi and the kids were snowed in on Staten Island was kind of an awkward one. Brian had let London in bed with him and Kassi had been up all night thinking about what almost happened. The truth was she couldn't fall into his arms again because if it didn't work she would be breaking her little girl's heart. She never told Brian but London asked almost everyday why all her friends live with their daddy's but she couldn't live with hers. Kassi knew telling him that wouldn't do any good, it would only upset him. The train station opened back up the next morning and she and the kids were on the first train back to Boston that morning, leaving Brian very confused.

London was with her daddy and the rest of the Quinns for Christmas as promised. Brian asked for more time with her and kept her through the new year. Now Kassi and the boys were headed to pick London up. As the car hit the highway her phone rang.

"Hey Kas!" A voice greeted her.

"Hey Jimmy, how's everything going?" Kassi was a little confused as to why Brian's older brother was calling her.

"Going great, how were your holidays?" Jimmy asked.

"They were good, definitely weird without London but it sounds like she had so much fun with everyone." Kassi said. She was pretty bummed to not have her daughter this year but she knew she had an entire family on Brian's side that needed to spend time with her as well.

"Oh she did!" Jimmy laughed, "Such a personality on her! She's actually the reason I'm calling. I got engaged a few months ago and we are starting to plan the wedding." Kassi smiled hearing the news, Brian's older brother was so sweet and Brian would always say how much his divorce messed with him. She was happy to hear he met someone new, "We are having a small wedding in the Bahamas and were hoping London would be the flower girl."

"Oh my god, I'm sure she would love it!" Kassi said, "When you getting married?"

"Beginning of April, I'll text you all the details. Of course you and the boys are invited as well." He explained.

"Oh well thank you." Kassi was a little shocked, she figured London would just be going with her dad. Wouldn't it be weird her going to family events, especially something as intimate as a wedding.

Once the conversation had ended, Kassi tucked her phone back into her bag. "Everything okay?" A male voice came from the driver's side.

"Yeah, just Brian's brother asking if London could be the flower girl in his wedding." She told him then leaning over the center console giving her boyfriend,Harrison, a kiss.

"I'm excited to finally meet her." He said as he switched lanes. Kassi nodded her head with a bit of a forced smile. She causally started dating Harrison Phillips shortly after getting back from Florida. He kept coming into her uncle's bar when she was working and finally one day asked her on a date. Kassi was stunned and at first turned him down but Harrison was persistent and gave her his number saying if she changed her mind to call him. After talking to Mia she realized it was time to get back out there, she hadn't been on a single date since Brian. She of course neglected to tell Mia about their night together in Staten Island the night of the storm. If she ignored her feelings long enough, they would go away right?

Harrison was a very nice guy and after several dates he asked her to make it official. That had happened over Christmas when London was gone. He had already met the boys so now it was time for him to meet her daughter. That was the whole reason for him coming to New York to pick her up, she would hope that if Brian started dating someone seriously that she would meet her, so she was giving him the same respect.

Suddenly a text came through,
Brian: Hey I'm sure you're on your way by now. I have to run to the office, can you just pick her up there?