London in Wonderland

Brian watched on in amazement as the mother of his child hurried around the kitchen frosting cupcakes at 6am. It was London's 4th birthday and they were all in New York to celebrate. Kassi had started a tradition when she first became a mom to make each kid's birthday extra special. On the morning of their birthday she would sneak in their room and fill it entirely with balloons and wake them up before the others and let them have a freshly baked cupcake. It was a special moment for just them on their special day that they always loved and looked forward to.

This was the first time Brian was seeing this firsthand. He always would be with London on her prior birthdays but always came later in the morning so never got to experience this with her. It was also a first of her being in New York for her birthday, all the other years it was always at Kassi's house. The weekend prior, Kassi had her friends from school come over for a big ice cream sundae party but this was London's real birthday and today she would be celebrating with both sides of her family all together, yet another first. Kassi didn't expect everyone from her side to be willing to travel to New York but for Little London Quinn, people were willing to make exceptions.

"Alright, all set." Kassi said smiling as she put the knife in the sink with frosting still on it. "Let's go wake her up." She said as she put three cupcakes on a plate. Before heading upstairs, Brian stopped her. "Your incredible, do you know that?" He asked kissing her on the lips. "I love you so much, our daughter is so lucky I decided to knock you up." He laughed.

Kassi raised her eyebrow at him, "Decided? Pretty sure that's not how it happened." She laughed.

"Thank God for faulty birth control." He winked as he headed upstairs to their sleeping daughter.

Once upstairs they slipped in very quietly and both smiled at their sleeping daughter. The boys had fallen asleep watching TV downstairs last night so it just the three of them. Kassi set the cupcakes down on the night stand and sat on the side of the bed. "Babygirl wake up." She whispered stroking her daughter's dark chestnut hair. She began to stir and then her eyes popped open. After a couple seconds of looking around, the smell of freshly baked cupcakes made it to her nose and she smiled brightly, "It's my birthday!" She shouted.

Brian leaned down kissing his daughter on the forehead, "Happy 4th birthday Lolo." Brian couldn't believe he had a 4 year old. Before she came along he never in his wildest dreams pictured having a kid. It was always something he was dead set against, but now his life was so much better because of her; he couldn't imagine his world without her.

Standing up on the bed she hugged her parents so tight, the last couple months had been the happiest in her life. Seeing her parents together and so happy instead of awkward and yelling all the time was new but so exciting to the little girl. Kassi reached over and handed her daughter a cupcake on a napkin, "Happy birthday baby!" She said.

"Thanks mommy!" She said reaching for the cupcake with glee. She took a bite and shrieked in delight, "Yummy!!" London held the cupcake out for her daddy to try and even though he had one waiting for him on the plate he graciously accepted the bite. She giggled when she noticed frosting all stuck in her daddy's beard. "Ready for a fun day?" Kassi asked.

"Yes!" She shouted jumping up and down on the bed.

_______________________________
When Brian's parents got to his house, he and Kassi were able to run out for last minute things. While in the bakery getting the cake they were startled by a couple women yelling, "Oh my god, it's you!" One of them shouted, "Jess look it's Q from Impractical Jokers!" It wasn't often that Brian was bothering on Staten Island but it happened every now and then. "Can we get a picture?!" The other one asked taking out her phone right away without Brian even getting the chance to answer. The girl threw her phone at Kassi, "Here!" She said forcefully, "Make sure to take a few different ones!" She ordered very rudely.