ten

Moving day. Today, May 2nd, I was moving in with Kells. The idea first came about when I didn't want to get up and drive back to my own apartment. Then, a couple of weeks ago, we re-visited the topic after a; mature, adult fun night
"Chlo, can you move in with me?" Kells asked
"What?"
"Like seriously, move in with me. You'd save gas money, and you pretty much live here already even though you're still paying rent at your place so just officially come live here,"
"I would love to live with you," I said
"Well that's fucking awesome because i get to see you every single day,"
And here we are. Kells pulled up outside my apartment with a van he'd rented and helped me load my boxes into the back. After we'd finished, Kells and I piled into the front and he started driving.
"Where's Cas?" I asked him, smiling as I realised I was going to see that little ray of sunshine every day.
"Back at our place with Gunner and Carmen," Kells replied, making the butterflies in my stomach go crazy as he said our place. Gunner and Carmen were actually a thing, apparently Carmen went to Gunner's tattoo parlour the day after me and Kells and got her second tattoo, a dolphin on her ankle just because why the fuck not and the rest was history. It was an unusually hot day for May in Cleveland, so we had the windows open and were screaming words to our favourite songs that Kells had put out. The moment was perfect and I knew that moving in with him was the right choice, the best choice.

The unpacking process was a long one, but not boring. Well, not boring when you had the help of the best people on the planet. I didn't have that much heavy stuff, mainly clothes and makeup but there was the odd piece of furniture that Kells said he wanted in our place. I also had some random crap that I'd just thrown in because I felt like it.

After we had unpacked the bulk of my stuff, Kells drove me back to my old place so I could pick up my car. I decided to call my mom and tell her how the moving was going as I drove along
"Hi Mom,"
"Hi honey! How's the moving going?" She shouted into the phone
"Okay you don't have to yell, I can hear you fine. And it's going pretty good,"
"Good. I still don't get what you see in Colson but-"
"Mother," I warned
"If you'd let me finish, I would've said 'but if he makes you happy then I will welcome him into the family',"
"Good, okay I need to go but I'll speak to you soon,"
"Okay, bye,"

Carmen and Gunner had left and Kells was in the studio with Slim, working on his new song; which meant Casie was helping me unpack. She was fascinated by all my makeup and different hair products, swatching lipsticks on her hand and smelling different shampoos and hair oils, it was adorable.
"Which ones your favourite?" I asked her
"Hmm," she thought about it for a minute before picking up Posie K by Kylie Cosmetics.
"Good choice, this one is my favourite," I said before picking up Hazel, also by Kylie Cosmetics.
"What's all this stuff for?" Casie asked, pointing to the pile of foundations and concealers
"Ah. These are to cover things like spots and dark circles up,"
"You don't have those. I think you are very very very pretty,"
My heart melted. Casie was literally the most perfect and wholesome creature in the planet. Her smile was absolutely beautiful and she had stunning eyes. At that moment, Kells and Slim burst through the front door.
"Nah nah, remember that-" Slim began to say
"Uncle Slim!" Casie shouted before sprinting down the stairs, I followed after her to go see the boys
"Hey kid, how you?" He asked
"Chloe was telling me about makeup because I was helping her unpack her makeup even though she doesn't need makeup, does she?" Man that girl could talk for years without taking a single breath
"Careful what you say here buddy," Kells said. We laughed and piled into the living room.

Carmen and Gunner came back a bit later. Casie has gone to sleep but Slim, Kells, Carmen, Gunner and I were all still downstairs, eating pizza and drinking wine. We were all laughing when the doorbell rang. Kells got up to answer it. I followed behind him, curious to see who would call so late at night.
"Colson?"
"Mom."