thirty six

"You want to tell me what the fuck this is?" I asked Kells as soon as I stormed into the room, throwing my phone onto the bed. He sat up, and leaned forward to see what was on my screen.
Kells thought carefully about his answer "A mistake," he finally replied, expressionless
"Were you going to tell me?"
He couldn't look me in the eye "No," he said quietly "Because I knew I'd fucked up and I didn't want this to happen,"
"Was a kiss all that happened?"
"No," He might as well have ripped my heart from my chest when he said that. I'd never felt such excruciating pain in my life
Tears sprung to my eyes again "What else happened?" I almost didn't want to know, almost.
"We fucked," he admitted. Without saying anything, I walked over to the wardrobe, got out a bag and started to pack some clothes. I wanted to leave as soon as I could "I'm sorry. Really. It was a stupid fucking mistake, I got really drunk and-"
"I don't care," I said "You still did it,"
"I know," I heard him get off the bed and walk towards me "But please, please give me a chance. It meant nothing to me, that girl means nothing to me, fuck I don't remember her name. Please, Chloe. I love you,"
I turned around so I was facing him "You can't sleep with someone else and then say you love me," I said through tears that were running down my face "You've been cheated on, you know how it feels,"
"I know, I'm so sorry," Kells replied, it looked like he had tears in his eyes "Please, will you just give me a chance to make this right?"
"I'll call you when I want to talk to you again,"
"Chloe,"
"I, I just need some time to figure stuff out,"
Kells sighed "Please don't leave. I want to show you how sorry I am, I want you to stay so I can make it better. Please, Chloe, please stay,"
Part of me wanted to. But right now I couldn't forgive him, "I'm sorry, I have to," I said and began walking out of the room. Kells took my arm and pulled me so I was facing him, staring directly into those gorgeous blue eyes. The same eyes that had made me fall head over heels in love. For a split second, I considered staying, for both of us. But I needed some time away from him if I wanted to think this situation out and come to my own uninfluenced decision.

Thankfully, I managed to hold back the tears as I drove. I somehow found myself pulling up outside of Sians apartment again. She opened the door and embraced me in a hug as I started to cry into her shirt.
"It's okay, you're going to be okay," she said, guiding me into her living room and sitting me down on the sofa with some hot cocoa. "I called Dani, she's on her way over and then we are going to have a therapy session. Okay?"
I nodded "Can I stay here for a bit?"
"Of course you can! Stay as long as you need, my apartment is yours,"
I smiled weakly and pulled the blanket up to my chin as Sian buzzed Dani in.

"I came with supplies!" Dani announced "I have tissues, ice cream, grape juice because she can't drink wine, chocolate and a bunch of takeout menus," I heard her say to Sian before coming in. "Right Chlo I saw the thing but at the minute I don't actually have any idea what happened so tell us and get it all out,"
I sighed "We had this fight about him working and then having to leave early which was so fucking stupid so he went to a club or something and I got a flight home and he-" I couldn't continue and started to cry. I felt so stupid, but I'd never properly loved someone and been loved back, which I guess is why I cared so much. "It's all my fault. If the fight didn't happen-"
"No it's not," Sian said "He shouldn't have kissed her if you guys are engaged," It dawned on me they didn't know we got married
"We got married," I mumbled. Dani choked on her grape juice
"WHAT?!" Dani exclaimed "MARRIED? WHEN?"
"We just signed some papers. And they didn't just kiss,"
Even Sian likes shocked "You mean they...? He...?"
"Mmhm," I said "Ugh god and now I don't know what to do I just... what do I do? I'm carrying his child!"
"Well do you still love him?" Dani asked me. The big question.
I sighed "Yes. He's basically the love of my life, I can't just switch that off,"
"Then I think you should give him a second chance,"
I sighed "I should, I want to. But what if by the time I get over it he doesn't want a second chance?"
"Why would be not want a second chance? You're pregnant with his kid, you're his wife. There's literally no reason why he wouldn't," Sian said. I hoped she was right, but I just didn't know.