eleven

This woman had the shittiest timing in all of existence. I didn't know what to do, so I lingered at the back of the hall. It occurred to me that the last time he'd even seen his mother was pretty much twenty years ago and even Slim, who had been with Kells for basically his entire life, had never met her. Finally, Kells spoke
"What are you doing here? How did you even get my fucking address?"
"I-I wanted to talk to you. Explain myself,"
"That's nice. An explanation for where you've been the past twenty years of my life would be really fucking nice," he said, his voice was loud, he wasn't shouting, but he was loud
"Kells," I warned "Cas,"
He turned to look at me before returning his icy blue eyes to his mom. He was angry, but I could see the familiar hurt in his eyes that broke my heart to see. "I don't want an explanation. I want you to know some shit. Dad became depressed once you left so I practically raised myself. Ashleigh's mom let me live with her and was a better mother to me than you'll ever be. You don't know who Ashleigh is. Or Slim. Or any of my damn crew. The girl behind me is my girlfriend, Chloe and I love her. I have daughter that I promised the way you made me felt is a way she will never feel. Good night,"
"Col-"
"That's not my name anymore. Good night," he said, before walking back into the living room. He didn't close the front door.
I sighed "Good night," I said before closing the door gently.

I entered the living room again and sat down on the luxurious black sofa, next to Kells. He wasn't talking, his mom instantly made his mood switch. No one was talking. It was a deafening silence.
"Well I gotta go. Kells you still coming down to the studio tomorrow?" Slim asked as he stood up
Kells had completely zoned out "What? Oh, yeah, yeah. The studio. See you tomorrow man,"
"We're going as well," Gunner said
"Alright. See you guys,"
We heard the familiar clunk of the door closing, and after they had all left Kells closed his eyes. I watched a single tear escape and roll down his face. I wiped it away with my hand and gently kissed his cheek.
"I thought-I thought it would be different," he said quietly "In my head, she was going to show up and it would all be fine. But it wasn't fine,"
"Sometimes that's just how it goes. Everything happens for a reason,"
Kells groaned "I fucked up so bad. That was my one fucking chance to get to know my mom and I screwed it up,"
"Do you want to talk to her?" I asked
"I don't know. She messed up as well but I want to know her,"
"Then call her. Her number will be in your recent calls,
"I don't know," it was unlike him to be this indecisive
"Well just think about it," I kissed him "I love you,"
My chapters are kinda short atm :( but we're almost at 200 reads❤️