twenty eight

Kisses are a great way to start your day. Especially when you are curled up in bed kissing your husband before you get ready to see the baby growing inside you that very day. Sound specific? Well, that's exactly how my morning started. Kells and I were laying in bed, having a little smooch.
"Someone's gotta get Cas up," I said, glancing at the time
"Can't she just sleep for," Kells gave me a quick peck "Five more minutes?"
I smiled "I guess,"
"Wait, I got an idea. Cas!" He shouted
We waited a minute before hearing her reply with a very grumpy "What?"
"Start getting ready for school dude," We heard her groan but she got up.
Kells leaned in for another kiss "I need to get up,"
His face fell "No you don't,"
"Yeah I do, I'm taking Casie to school," I explained. To make up for it, I kissed him and pulled myself out of bed.
"You're so perfect, you know that?" Kells said as I walked over to the closet to get out some clothes
"Come here," I said
"Why?"
"Because I want to hug you but if I get back in that bed I'm not leaving it," Kells got up and walked towards me before engulfing me in his hug. I was pretty tall, 5ft 8" but even then I didn't compare to him being 6ft 4". That's why hugging him was great, he was so tall that he made you feel safe and protected from everything, like he was your personal, everything proof, shield.
"I love you," He said. Even though we were married, hearing him say that made my heart flutter, just like the first time. Everything felt like the first time with him
"I love you too,"

"Oh my god," I said, shocked as I looked at the screen in front of me, seeing the baby for the first time
"So this is the baby's head," the midwife said, pointing it out to us "And these are it's arms and legs,"
"Look at you, making a baby," Kells said
"Couldn't have done it without you,"
"Do you want to hear the heartbeat?" Our midwife, Emma, asked. We nodded and she hit a button in her computer. Suddenly, the room was filled with a steady, rhythmic thump. The heartbeat of my child. I turned to look at Kells, who, like me, was beaming. My eyes glistened with tears and I picked up his hand
"That's the heartbeat of our kid,"
"Yeah it is. Can we get a video?" Kells asked Emma
"Of course. I'll also give you some printed photos of the baby so you can show friends and family," Emma answered. "Is this your first one?"
"It's my first but not his," I replied
"Ah, so you're the expert, are you?"
Kells laughed "Yeah; something like that,"
"Well," Emma said "Good luck, if you have any questions or concerns call me anytime. Other than that we are done. Have a good day and I will see you for your check up in a couple of months,"

Coffee run. Today's coffee shop of choice was, of course, Starbucks. Kells and I both got iced coffees, and as we were walking out, there were a couple of paparazzi on the street. I looked a mess, had a pregnancy leaflet in my hand which I turned the other way and was walking behind a very tall and attractive man, making me look tiny and even more of a mess than normal. Someone shouted asking me what was in my hand and since I was beyond caring, I answered.
"An iced coffee dumbass," I said. Kells turned around and looked at me, before cupping my face with one of his hands and giving me a kiss. I was surprised at first but eventually relaxed and let myself melt into his kiss.
"Give the people what they want," Kells said
"You gave me what I want with that," I replied cheekily
He turned around, smiling at what I'd said. Kells took my hand and we weaved through people to get to the car.

"Do you know if it's a boy or a girl yet?" Casie asked me
"Not yet. I'll probably find out when we next go,"
"Can I see the photo again?" I handed her the photo, and she studied it for a minute "It looks really small,"
"It is really small, it's the size of a lime at the minute,"
"Ugh I just want the baby to come now! When you and dad do the nursery can I help?"
"Of course you can!" I told her "We need all the help we can get,"
"We can get the baby loads of clothes as well! Ooh it's going to be so fun!" Casie exclaimed
"I know! We should go this weekend, we can make dad come as well,"
Casie looked ecstatic "It's going to be the best weekend ever,"

Oof sorry this chapter is up so late I just wasn't feeling inspired to write and everything I was coming up with was too shitty to put out