Chapter 9

*Rebel's pov*
I lay in bed staring at the blank ceiling replaying what had happened earlier in my head.

I'm not bad kid, I may do bad things, and hang out with bad people but...okay maybe I am a bad person.

I didn't want to be a burden to Tony, or anyone else. Its just so hard going from knowing your actions don't affect anyone else, to every move you make could affect the people around you. I don't want to cause trouble for the Avengers, they didn't need to take me in. I was perfectly fine on my own.

I know I was his daughter, but he didn't need to take me in. He didn't want to take me in, but he did, why?

He probably felt obligated to, like he was forced too. I was his burden, and I couldn't do anything about it. I hated the feeling, the feeling of being a problem. It was a feeling I was far too use to. I know over thinking won't help anything but I can't help it.

I don't blame him for leaving me when I was young, look at me, look who I've become.

I try to push all the tempting thoughts out of my head, reassuring myself that he does want me, that he didn't care about my past. Yet the thoughts screamed inside my head; to run and leave, so when he wakes up his problem would be gone.

Maybe I'm just not meant to be someones daughter, adults are always saying children were burden anyway.

Finally I couldn't take being the reason why Tony Stark would be miserable for the rest of his life. So I get out of bed, pack the little that I have and leave. I quietly sneak down the hallway and to Tony's lab. If the security catches me leaving he'll just feel obligated to find me and bring me back, so I've gotta shut down Jarvis and the security cameras.

I reach the door of his lab, a thick  silver metal door with only a key pad. " If I were Tony Stark what would my password be?" I think to my self.

I try " P-E-P-P-E-R"

nope.

" A-V-E-N-G-E-R-S"

nope.

" S-C-O-T-C-H"

nope.

A  warning pops up that this is the last try time before the alarm goes off, think Rebel think.

I try the only thing that comes to mind, if getting caught trying to sneak into Tony's lab is what gets me kicked out oh well.

For my last enter I type: "T-O-N-Y-S-T-A-R-K"  and hold my breath for the outcome. To my surprise the light flash green and the door unlocks, wow. For one of the most secure building in the New York City I'd think the password would be a little less obvious.

I look around the dark lab, turning my flash light on instead of the lights. All his suits are lined up by how powerful they are, there cases more advanced than the lab's door.

I finally spot the main control center of Jarvis.

I walk over to a long table of controls with a giant screen in front of it. I rest my hand on the table and the screen comes to life. I simply click a few buttons and Jarvis is down, now time to shut down the security.

A few clicks later I watch as the security camera's power light turns off. Lastly I wipe the hard drive of the security cam's surveillance, so no there is no trace of me leaving.

I gather my stuff and head out of the lab, re-locking the door.  As I head towards the stair I hear foot steps coming down the hall. Shit.

"Hey what are you doing up so late?" Natasha asks groggily.

"Uh, I just needed to get a cup of water" I lie hoping she buys it.

"Oh well, so was I." she walks over to the cabinet and grabs two cups, filling them with water from the sink and handing one to me.

"Thanks" I say taking the cup from her.

"No problem, goodnight." She says as she walks back down the hall towards her room.

As soon as I hear the door of her bedroom shut I make my way towards the steps, trying to be as quiet as possible. When I reach the front door I slip on my shoes, unlock the door and slip out, making sure I lock it behind me.

As I walk, the tower gets farther and farther from me. The uneasiness in my stomach is making me think about turning around and going back, but I'm locked out now and I couldn't explain to the others why I had powered off Jarvis, wiped the security cams, and was locked outside with all my belonging.

It was too late to reconsider, so I start walking west thinking I'd head to California where it would be warmer and farther away.