chapter 53

" Rebel?"

" Rebel wake up."

" Come on, seriously open the door"

" Oh yeah ok, sorry coming" I say, shooting out bed and racing to the door to unlock it. Standing on the other side of it is Natasha, still in her pajamas and a " keep calm and trust the spy" mug in one hand.

" Sorry must have forgot to unlock it when I was changing last night" I lie, I had actually fell asleep working on the suit and forgot to unlock the door before getting into bed.

" Alright, but you know Tony and door locking." She warned, before walking back downstairs.

I walked over to my mirror and stretched, looking at my reflection. Dark circles just barely making an appearance under my eyes from night of staying up late working on my suit, I finally understood how Tony felt. Pulling my bed head into a messy bun and putting on a pair of fuzzy socks I head downstairs to get some breakfast. When I get downstairs  I see the normal breakfast chaos; Natasha was making omelets, Bucky had come to visit Steve so they were in the living room catching up, Thor was attempting to toast a pop tart, which was going very badly, Tony was on the phone arguing with someone while Pepper was trying to talk with him and Clint was sitting at the kitchen counter reading the paper and sipping his orange juice.

Pulling up a chair next to Clint I grab a piece of toast from the plate Natasha had prepared and quietly eat, deep in thought. I am brought back into reality when Natasha yells that breakfast is ready and the stampede begins. I learned the hard way to wait till the end for my food rather then try to fight with a bunch of adults who have super powers to be the first, so I watch as the eight super humans push and shove to get their food. Once the crowd had settled down I get my food and returned to where I was sitting.

Once everyone had finished and or gotten seconds Thor and Bruce were on clean up duty. Most days I'd just go back up to my room or hang out with Jax but when Natasha called dibs on the training room I got a better idea.

" Hey Nat, mind if I join you?" I ask, catching up to her on the way to the training room.

" Uh...sure, I never knew you were interested in this kinda stuff." she said hesitantly, Natasha rarely ever let anyone join her to train, well besides Clint.

" Yeah, I just thought I don't know... you could teach me some stuff, I gotta find some way to prove to Tony I'm capable of defending myself." I reply.

In reality I wasn't training with Natasha for Tony, I was doing it to prepare for my own fight. For when I go up against Hydra, and who better to learn from then the master herself?

" Yeah okay, I guess I could give you a little crash corse." She said shrugging.

" Great!" I say, still a little shocked she said yes.

" Okay, but first you need to get changed, meet me back here when you are ready." She said, stopping in front of the training room's doors.

Racing upstairs, I quickly change and pull my hair into a pony tail and run back downstairs to meet Natasha.

We start out with small warm ups, obviously this was my first time training, because of Hydra I had actually gotten pretty good at it but I decided to hold it back to see what Natasha had to show me. Soon we got into the real stuff, I had realized that the skills Natasha had were way more advanced than the ones I was taught at Hydra. Which explained why the Avengers took Hydra down fairly easy. By the end I had my butt served to me by Natasha, but in my defense; I let her win, knowing what a sore loser she was, and frankly if tried anymore I think she end up killing me.