Chapter 16

I have been walking for four hours and I don't even know if I'm going the right way!

Physically I was drained, mentally I was drained, overall I'M TOTALLY FUCKING DRAINED! The sun is just starting to set, so I can safely assume its around five or six o'clock. My legs are aching and the only thing I wish to do is just sit down and never have to walk again. My goal was to walk till eight o'clock everyday , tonight I didn't see that happening.

I flopped down on the grass and sprawled my arms and legs out, staring into the sky. By now I had lost count of what day it was, or even how long I've been walking. The only thing keeping me going at this point was; by the time I make it to California (if I even make it) I'd be in great shape.

I pushed my self to get up and start walking but my body refuses, so I just kept lying there. Soon I let my eyes close and dirft into a light sleep.

" Do you think she's dead"

" If her chest is still rising and falling do you think she'd be dead?"

Voices slipped in and out of my dreams, until I realized it wasn't a dream. As I lie there with my eyes still closed, I listen to men talk, had someone found me and brought me back to New York? I was too afraid to open my eyes, I expected to see Tony hovering above me waiting for me to wake up.

Boy was I wrong.

I let my eyes slowly open, when they were fully open I looked around, I was still lying in my same position from earlier. When I looked my right I saw a white van instinctively I shot right up ready to run. I stood up scanning the area to see if there was anyone with me. When I went to turn around something hard hit me in the side of my face, causing my world and everything around me to go black.

***

My eyes flutter open, I'm no longer in the grass anymore.

As I sit up, I notice that I'm in room. There were no windows or furniture and the walls were painted a bright shade of white. As I go to stand up something stops me, chains. I'm chained to the wall behind me, panic soon started to set in.

"HELP" I yell
"HEY I"M IN HERE, SOMEONE HELP ME" I yell again

I hear foot steps approach the metal door containing me, someone had heard my yells.

The door opens reveling a younger looking man in a lab coat, where the heck was I?

" Pipe down, Jesus, do you want to wake up everyone" the man scolds.

" Wake up? everyone?" I question

" Yes, its twelve at night. Your lucky you didn't wake up Green." The man continues to scold me.

" Where am I? who's the hell Green?" I ask.

"You're at Hydra and Green is my boss" the man informs me.

"Oh" was all I got to say, before the man in the lab coat shut the door, leaving me alone again

" Wait please come back!" I beg, screaming as loud as I can.

As a response I get nothing but silence, he's not coming back. I think back to what the man had said, "Hydra" what the hell was that?

I try tugging on the chain, but that backfired and I ended up hurting my wrists.  I try to tug on the chains again, this time a lot harder, unlike the last time now it sent an electric shock through me. I cry out in pain, the instant I stop struggling the pain stops. In anger I start flailing my arms around, causing a nonstop electrical shock to my wrists. My vision turned blurry and then I think I lost consciousness.