Chapter 19

After I put on the tux Pepper had picked out for me I studied myself in the mirror, there was no doubt that I hadn't been sleeping lately, the bags under my eyes proved it.

" You look great" Pepper affirmed.

We exited out of Stark Tower and already the paparazzi was swarming, we made a beeline straight to the black SUV that my driver, Happy, would be escorting us in.

Normally the drive to the convention center was only a fifteen minuet drive, but today the traffic was abnormally heavier than normal.

We finally pulled up to the front doors of the convention center. Happy opened the door for us and the body guards assembled around Pepper and I

" You did read the notes I left in your lab right?" Pepper whispered into my ear

I didn't even need to give her an answer because my face gave it away.

" Why do I even try" I hear her mumble to herself.

We make it inside and we take our seats at the long table. The stage crew  goes over a few things with me as the crowds start pouring in to find a seat. We finish getting organized and I'm handed a microphone. I take a swig of water before starting the interview.

" Good afternoon, and welcome everyone" I bellowed into the microphone

The crowd goes wild, people screaming and cheering. I smile at the attention, I always enjoyed the spotlight.

" Alright who's first?"

"Yes you right there"

" Is it true you were seen at the NYPD a few days ago?" a tall slender journalist asks.

I pause, I needed to be careful about how much information I give out. As sensitive as the topic was I knew the public needed an answer.

" Yes it is true" I reply, trying to conceal my emotions.

The minuet I reply the crowd goes wild, journalist fighting to get my attention to ask more questions

I call on the next journalist, hoping to change the subject.

" Can you tell us why you and Ms. Potts were there?"

" Question denied"

A roar of boo's came from he crowd from my dodging of the question, but I knew now was not the time to expose my daughter.

"Next question" I announced making the crowd settle down.

A journalist from the back stepped up informant of the crowd to interview me now.

" Leaked pictures on the internet show a young girl leaving Stark Tower, can you identify her for us?" she asks boldly.

Pepper and I exchange nerves glances at each other.

" She's my, my..."

I didn't even get a chance to finish my answer before Pepper stepped in.

" She's Tony's niece" Pepper confirms.

A unison of "awe's" go through the crowd. I give Pepper the 'You saved my butt" look and she simply nodded and smiled. The rest of the conference is now just questions about Stark Industry, questions I seemed to have answered a million times in the past.

I answer the last few questions then wrap up the conference.

As the journalists and media file out of the building I go backstage, It had felt like I forgot to breathe through out the interview. Throughout the time I was backstage crew workers and management would come by saying "good job".

After the paparazzi had clear out Happy took Pepper and I back to the tower.

...

We pull into the garage and I notice there is a package at the doorstep, I pick it up and take it inside. As we walk in we are greeted by deadly silence, I call out to see anyone's there but I get no response. I walk down to my lab with the package to open it.

" To Mr. Tony Stark" is all the box has written on it, no return address or anything. I cut open the to see a small flash drive at the bottom and a note.

The note reads:

" Dear Mr. Stark,

Please watch what is on the flash drive and get back to me."

There is no name or the signature at bottom of the paper, "how am I suppose to contact them if I don't  know who they are?" I think to myself.

I take the small black flash drive from the box and grab my laptop, I insert the the flash drive and open its contents. The flash drive only has a two minuet video on it, weird.

I click on the video and wait for it to load, I press play and the first ten second are just a black screen. Something clicks from within the video and now I'm watching my daughter unconsciously strapped to a chair, she has cuts and bruises through her small bony body. The sight makes me want to vomit, looking like she is barely clinging onto life anymore.

Soon the screen goes black again, a voice comes on:

"Hello my dear old friend Tony, I'd like to inform you that I have your daughter, but don't fret,  Hydra has been taking very good care of her.  I'd be willing to negate with you about her release if you please."

The video ends leaving a thick silence through my lab. To stunned to rationally think I throw my laptop against the wall, hearing it smash against the floor. I pause for a minuet before my emotions catch up to me, then when all the information hits, and I breakdown.

( Things are finally starting to get interesting again, but I need y'all to comment Ideas for what should happen next because I'm running out of ideas again. As always don't forget to vote down below. Till next time.)