Chapter 14

*Tony's pov*
We pull in to the parking lot of the police station, there was barely anyone there.

I walk up to the front desk, I look down at the man sitting at the front desk, he's eating a doughnut and reading the news paper

" Uh hello?" I interrupt

" Yes?" The officer asked, uninterested.

" We'd like to report a missing child" Pepper stepped in.

"Here" The man handed her a stack of papers on a clipboard then returned to his newspaper

We sat down and looked through the papers, we got through the basic questions like: Name, age,  and appearance. When we flipped to the next page I scanned over it. Some of these questions I didn't even know the answer to.

" Last seen wearing:"

"Last seen at:"

"Birthday:"

" Any special medical issues:"

These were common knowledge things to know about your kid and I'm sitting here clueless, what a great father I am.

I fill out as many questions as I can, then standing up to give the papers back to the officer. I walk back over to the front desk, handing him the papers. He flips through them before looking back up at me.

" Sir you need to fill out all of the question" He said in a very 'duh' tone.

" I can't, that's  all I know about her" I reply ashamed

" Are you her father?" He questions

"Yes I am" I answer

" Well we can't submit the report unless its completely filled out, if not its no good to anyone." He states then hands back the forms.

I sit back down and explain to Pepper what was going on. Just then I see a camera flash through  the glass windows of the police station.

Paparazzi, damn it.

I wasn't ready to come out to the public yet about Rebel, being caught in a police station wasn't ideal either. I quickly gather my things , leaving the papers and grabbing Pepper to head for the exit.

In just the few short minuets as we were inside the station, news had spread we were here and now there was a giant mob outside. I push past the cameras, tightly gripping Pepper's wrist making sure we don't get split up.

Between the flashing cameras and rapid fire questions I feel as if I may go insane. We finally made it in the car, quickly pulling out before the reports have time to catch us. We head home in defeat, hoping that Natasha and Steve had better luck.

We pull into the garage and I see Steve's cars was already parked. We exiting the car, locking it behind me and entering into the tower.

Pepper and I walk up the stair to find Steve, Natasha, Clint, Thor and Jax but no Rebel.

" Did you find out anything?" I asked

"No, nothing of any importance at least" Steve sight in defeat.

" Well we found out Rebel's full name is Rebelis" Jax commented, trying to be helpful.

The comment is of no importance to the matter but I still pause, taking in what Jax had said.

Rebelis, no doubt her mother named her.

"So now what" Clint said, breaking the silence

We had come up empty handed, what were the other options? I couldn't lose her, not after just finding out about her.

" We just have to keep looking" Pepper said

" Maybe we should alert the media?" Natasha offered

"No, keep her off the air. If she isn't already in danger putting her on television would only put her in more danger then she's already in." I say sternly

" So we have to do a secret investigation then?" Clint question

"We could get a PI?" Steve suggested

"No, we can't trust anyone with her, I have to be the one that finds her" I state.