Chapter 61

Hours pass and still no sign of Jax, it's odd for him to be gone this long. I start to notice the lack of people around, no guards and no other prisoners.

" Hello?" I call out into the silence

nothing.

I press my forehead to the bars and strain eyes to look as far to the sides as they can, none of the cells on this side are occupied either. Everyone's gone.

"Jax?" I call out again.

"Behind you" a low voice says.

Startled, I spin around. Looking back at me I find Aulluver, with him Jax in a choke hold with a gun pressed against the side of head.

"Let him go!" I cry out, voice quivering.

I meet Jax's sad eyes, dark and vacant.

" You could have saved me, you could have saved all of us" He whispers, barely audible.

"Who?" I ask, taking a step closer to the two of them.

Aulluver's finger jumps to the trigger, ready to pull it any minute.

" Please no, let him go!" I beg, fighting back tears,

" Why didn't you save us? Why weren't you there?" Jax mumbles, voice cracking with fear.

" I...I don't understand" I reply, as soon as I answer a loud bang is heard and I watch as Jax collapses on the floor.

I scream out, racing over to his side. I look up and Aulluver is gone, but I focus my attention on Jax. I cradle his head as the crimson liquid pours out at an alarming rate.

" Stay with me Jax, come on please....please" I sob into his chest, deep down I know he's gone but I can't bring myself to let go.

" You could have saved him you know? You brought him here to die." A new voice says, this time it's a female. Picking up my head I'm met with Crystal holding a smug look on her face.

" No, you did this to him" I growl.

She raises an eyebrow " I wasn't the one who brought him on a suicide mission" she retort.s

A new wave of sobs over come me, it is my fault, I was the one you brought him to Hydra, to his death. Just as quick as she appeared, Crystal was gone, just like Aulluver, leaving us alone.

My head snaps up, I feel the warm tears pricking my eyes.

"Rebel? Are you alright?" A familiar voice asks.

Looking up I see Dylan giving me a concerned look through the cell bars.

" Yeah, yeah I'm good." I say gathering myself and standing up.

Realization soon sets in, it was all just a dream. Looking around I see the "once empty cells" now occupied by there regular occupants and guards standing around lazily chatting. I feel my cheeks get warm as I notice Dylan is still staring at me. 

" Really, I'm fine." I reassure, giving him a small smile.

His concerned expression fades back into his regular one and he seems to relax.

" Hey have you seen Jax, he's been gone all day?" I ask, hoping maybe Dylan caught wind of where Jax went.

" Oh man, you didn't hear Jax is in medic." Dylan answers.

" Oh god...is he okay?" I say, starting to panic.

" Yeah he'll be okay, he was trying to test out of his training group and into another one and let's just say...he didn't pass" Dylan informs, laughing a bit at the end.

I relax a bit when I realize it was nothing too serious, but I still hate that fact that he's hurt.

" I know you're worried about him, but just know me and Luna are looking out for him too." Dylan comforts.

" Yeah, sometimes I feel like an over protective mother, its just he's my best friend and I just can imagine if something were to-" I start but am interrupted by Dylan.

" Hey, look he's okay, he's tough, he'll be alright" Dylan says reassuringly.

I give him a side smile, and walk over and flop on my cot. I'm getting really tired of keep the good news to myself,I wonder if Dylan knew about the mission or if he was on the list. 

" Well maybe I'll see you in testing" He says, then walks down the hallway and dissappeared.

-

-

-

A/N 

Super short chapter whoops :D