Chapter 52

Guilt, something I wasn't new too.

Countless nights spent feeling the same way as right now. It was there the night I ran away, it was there the night I came back, and it's here now. Laying in bed knowing I was the reason Peter almost died, the reason everyone in that building could've died.

Thank God everyone was okay, or as okay as could be expected. Yet that didn't stop me from feeling the awful feeling in the pit on my stomach; guilt. Visiting Peter really opened my eyes, what if Hydra and Aulluver attacked again? The madness would never stop in till either they got  ahold of me, but I knew Tony would never let me willingly hand myself over to protect him and the rest of the team, which left me to the only option left; destroy Hydra once and for all.

Tony would never approve of my plan and the team wouldn't let me out of the building ever again if I told them about my scheme. Peter was out of the equation since he was on bed rest for a while, which left me to find and form my own team. I still had Jax, maybe he'd help out. The only other person who knew about Hydra was Luna, but she'd never turn on them. So with the small plan in my head I pulled out a note pad and started sketching out a plan.

***
(Next morning)
Out of all 6 people, I was the first one up. Which gave me time to slip down into Tony's lab and see what scraps I could collect for my own work. After the time I ran away he changed the password to his lab door, but like always it was simple and predictable. He doesn't know I can get in still but as long as I put everything back where it was originally he never will know. Slipping down the stairs into the kitchen I find it dark and vacant. Once I was sure the coast was clear (you can never be so sure when you live with 6 Avengers) I make my way to the door that leads down into Tony's lab. Once I get pass the password I make my way down, closing the door and locking it behind me. Once I'm down I switch on the lights and make my way to Tony's scrap pile.

With everything Tony makes and modifies he has just about any part you could think of, sometimes he'll let me hang down here with him and use whatevers in the pile and turn it into something of my own. I think about recreating one of his suits but being Iron Man, well everyone knows what the suit looks like. I pull out my sketch of the ideas I came up with last nigh and decided I'd make my own suit. So I grab a few pieces and put the into the duffel bag I had brought down, I couldn't take everything I needed this trip because then it would be noticeable that I was down here. So I took my duffel, filled with scrap metals, extra wires, and nuts and bolt and crept back up the stair, opening and relocking the lab door. I slip back into my bedroom and lay out the peices on my floor and start assembling what I can to make my own suit.

Hour and a half later I hear the quiet talking of people down stairs, which meant most the team was up. I put the loose peices back into the duffel bag and shove it under my bed so it wouldn't seen.

 I head down stairs to get breakfast, when I arrive I find the whole team, even Pepper, sitting around the counter quietly talking to on another. They must have heard my footsteps because they all quickly turn their heads in my direction.

"Uh hey guys, what's going on?" I say, feeling the weird tension in the air.

When I scan the group I realize Tony is the only one missing.

"Where's Tony?" I ask, sensing something strange was going on.

No one answers at first, just all exchanging looks at each other to see who would be the first to speak.

" He went to go see Peter, he's not doing well." Natasha says gently

"W-what...is he okay?" I ask, my voice staring to tremble

" Before Tony left they were trying to stabilize him, that's all we know" Pepper chimed in, throwing in a sympathetic look.

Shock took over my body, how was it that just yesterday when I visited Peter he was doing okay and now he could potentially die? 

" Can I go down there and see how he's doing?" I ask, barely able to form the words.

" Tony said he wanted you to stay here with us, just in case something you know...happens" Steve says.

I knew what they meant, Tony didn't want me there...to see Peter...die. He must have known how guilty I felt about all this, it was true I don't know what I'd do if Peter did die. Thats why I was planning my heist, to get my revenge, to get Peter his revenge. I couldn't sit around all day and think about this, I had to do something, so I left the kitchen and went to go work on the suit. Which hopefully would be in time for tomorrow, since time was of the essence and Hydra needed it butt kicked sooner rather than.

-

-

-

A/N

Wow I finally finished this chapter, I've been so uninspired and lazy lately that writing this chapter felt like an eternity. I'm sorry if it sucked I really tried so hopefully you enjoy it. Don't forget to comment and vote!