The culprit

"Aubrey, quickly pack your bags. I'm leaving you at Lucy's for tonight." I said sending a text to James.

"What? But I don't want to go." She said finishing her pancake.

"I won't be home by night. I don't want you to be alone. " I said.

She sighed.

"Sorry. But try and understand." I said to her,

"I do. " She said and went upstairs.

I called Lucy's parents just to make sure. 5 minutes later Aubrey came down with her purple bag. I grabbed the car keys and we drove towards Lucy's house. I stopped the car and came out of the passenger seat. AubI came back home from the back door, which was open most of the time for mom and dad. It was an emergency back door. I changed my clothes and heard a knock on my door. I got up and opened it. Aubrey. Her face looked so much better now. She hugged me tight.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked her.

She nodded her head and looked at me.

"Hungry?" I asked.

She nodded, but not much emotion was visible on her face. My heart was trembling seeing her like this. I went into the kitchen to cook pancakes that mom had taught me, a month ago. I cooked them and served it to Aubrey. She looked at me before eating.

"What about you?" She asked.

"It's alright, I'm not hungry. You go ahead." I said.

She ate food silently. I kept texting James and asking about his whereabouts. They were still at the site. I wanted to go there, but I couldn't leave Aubrey. Suddenly an idea popped into my head.

rey hugged me once more. I kissed her forehead.
"I'll pick you up tomorrow morning okay?"

She smiled, it made my heart warm. "I love you."

"I love you too." I hugged her tighter.

On the porch steps Lucy's mother was standing. I waved at her and she smiled back. I drove to the place where James had texted me to come. Already about three cars were there. I pulled over and got out of the car. I could see James talking to a police officer.

I walked over to him.

"Found something?" I asked.

"Yeah, well, they took a blood sample which was on the car, to check. We might get a clue." He said.

A crane was lifting up the wrecked car. My parents.
"Where are they?" I asked James

"The pack hospital. I'll take you." He said.

We reached the hospital. I almost regretted the decision to see them. I couldn't see them like this could I? We walked to the morgue , James opened the door and led me in. I could see two bodies covered in white sheets. It felt like I was almost paralyzed. I took a deep breath, and a nurse was standing. She brought the cloth down, my heart crumbled again. I took a step back. She unveiled the other sheet. With one glance I went out. I couldn't bear it. I saw James talking to an investigator.
I walked up to them.

"We thought the blood on the car belonged to Alpha and Luna. But ,it wasn't theirs ." The investigator said.

"So whose blood is it?" I asked.

"Vampire." The investigator said and walked off.