The Awakening

(Dream)

I was standing on the edge of a mountain, I took a tiny step forward and looked down, nothing but blackness.
"Zoe." I heard my mother from behind, I turned around to see her smiling face ,with dad standing next to her.

"Mom." I took a step to touch her, but my hand just went through. Same thing happened with dad. I got scared.

"Aren't you going to come with us?" My dad asked.

"B-but what about Aubrey?" As soon as I said Aubrey appeared behind my mom.

She extended her hand as if try to hold me, I raised my arm, and to my horror it went through again.

"Wh- what is happening?" I asked scared.

"Come, with us." Aubrey's eyes suddenly went pitch black and her blood stained fangs appeared, she growled at me.

"You're not Aubrey, none of you are my parents." I said pointing at them , who were too ,like Aubrey hissing at me.

"You're right. But too late Zoe." She laughed and pushed me off the edge.

(Dream ends.)

Zoe's P.O.V

I gasped as I begged for air to fill my lungs, my eyes were open wide. I looked around to see a familiar face. My breathing had quickened.

"Hey" he said as he stood up, he touched my face, his fingers tracing the side of my jaw. I suddenly felt calm, my breathing had begun to slow down.
"It's okay." He whispered. I looked into his brown eyes. He pulled out his phone and dialled a number. His face looked weak, he had dark circles under his eyes, his hand was still on my face. I don't know why , maybe it was the lack of energy I couldn't tell him to remove his hand or probably I didn't want him to. What?

"James, she's awake." He said as he looked into my eyes.

He hung up the phone and said
"How are you feeling?"

"Not dead, I guess" my voice cracked.

He chuckled weakly. He removed his hand and the door opened revealing James, with Marie and our pack doctor - Alex. Marie came over to me.

"Certainement un combattant" She whispered as she pulled out the bandage from my abdomen.

"Almost healed." She said smiling. She pulled out a scalpel from her bag and dragged it across my arm, red blood oozed out for a second or two and then it healed.

"You might feel a little dizzy, or weak but, you're body needs to heal completely before you turn into wolf." Alex said.

Alex then ripped off the bandages off my wrists and removed the tubes I was attached to. I started to move my fingers and toes and then my arm. I pressed my hand on the soft bed and lifted myself up, alex was right, I was dizzy. A strong arm supported my waist, I looked up, it was his, the same guy who called me his mate.

I rested my back against pillows, James handed me a glass of water. I drank it in less than a minute, it finally cleared my throat.

"How long until I heal completely?" I asked.

"It could be anywhere from a few weeks to a few months" Alex said.

"Thanks to alpha stone, we found you on time." James said unexpectedly.

What? A few weeks? Or months? That's too much. And alpha stone? The door clicked open and my sister arrived with her eyes puffy.

"Zoe!" She said as she fell into my arms. "You're okay!" She said smiling and crying at the same time.