The evidence

"It's so stupid of you, to find a human, and ask her to help you." He said as he came face to face with me, his face looked weaker than before.

I glared at him.

"You know, her death is all your fault. You just got scared of me, and called a vampire hunter?" He laughed.

"You just can't handle the responsibilities of an Alpha can you?" He said.

"How, did you know about her?" I asked.

"Oh honey, I also know you can't change into a wolf." He said smirking.

"Who's helping you?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"You really think I would tell you that? But I'll give you a hint for the sake of your stupidity , It's someone you trust dearly." He said making a sad face.

"Is it James?" He questioned as he moved towards Katherine.

"Don't touch her!" I shouted.

"Oh I don't touch filthy things, I only came here to take this." He said lifting up a vial with black liquid in it.

"See you soon." He smiled as he vanished.

I sighed. Someone was helping him. Someone I trust? Ofcourse it's not James. I'm 100% sure of that. I made my way towards my car, as soon as I was about to get in, another very familiar car drove in.

"Where have you been Zoe?" James worried voice touched my ears as he came out of the car.

"We called you so many times." He continued walking towards me as Tyler came behind him.

"Katherine's dead." James paused in tracks as those words came out of my mouth.

Tyler headed towards the house and I just stood by the car, knowing this was my fault.

"He was here. Elijah killed her, and he took something from Katherine." I said , not moving from my position.

"Did he hurt you?" Tyler asked as he came over towards me.

"No." I said.

"I'll inform Alex, to quickly take away Katherine." He said as he fished out his phone.

"He knew." I whispered.

"What?" Tyler asked.

"He knew that I couldn't turn into a wolf. He knew that we hired a vampire hunter." I said

"Someone's helping him." Tyler said as his jaw clenched.

"And he told me, it's someone I trust." I said.

Tyler looked at James who was still on the phone, and looked at me.
"He would never do that." I said softly.

Soon, the ambulance arrived and Katherine was carried to the hospital, we were following her behind. For about waiting for an hour Alex said to us" You guys should head home, she's got a lot of injuries. The autopsy will take time. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be able to tell you what happened."

I sighed. It was all because of me. My fault that she was dead. My fault that all those people were dead.

We made way towards my home. Someone I trust? Is backstabbing me? Who could it possibly be? It can't be someone from my pack. Definitely not from my pack. It has to be, someone else. But who?

____

Next morning James , Tyler and I straight away headed to the pack hospital. Alex guided us towards the morgue, where Katherine was kept.

I looked at Katherine's lifeless face, it had loads of scratches.
She's here because of me.

"We discovered claw marks on her abdomen. Werewolf claw marks." Alex said interrupting my thoughts.