The misguidance

Tyler sat down next to me as I waited for James to continue. 

"Zoe, you and Aubrey were born in one of the most powerful Werewolf family, your father, was the biggest Alpha and so was your mother the greatest Luna. The blood runs in your family. Vampires and other supernatural creatures had a certain respect for the Alpha and Luna. But since they were killed, the power transferred to you. I don't know why he is killing our kind. It's clear he wants you, but it's for power nothing else."

"But. There are so many other powerful Alpha's around! Why me? Why my parents?" I almost shouted.

"It's also because your mother killed one of their kind." He said softly.

"What?!" I asked astonished.

He nodded. "I should have told you this earlier, but I didn't know it would come to this."

"No, James tell me why did mom kill a vampire?" I asked.

"A werewolf had fallen in love with a vampire. And you know it's against the laws, so she killed them, both." He said. "And so they formed a treaty that no werewolf should ever come in contact with a vampire, if they do, they kill them." He finished.

"But that doesn't state why he wants Zoe." Tyler said.

"That is the problem, we don't know what he wants." James said.

I got up and stormed out, The sun had already set. I couldn't understand anything. Why would mom do this? And she never told me anything in all these 18 years? What is even going on, I thought I would find the vampires who killed my parents but on the other hand, they knew about me already. God.

"Zoe?" Tyler's voice brought me back to reality.

"I- I can't understand anything." I said slowly.

He came closer towards me, "it's alright we'll figure it out."

"It- it's not that, first my parents get killed, then, my pack guards then your beta." I took a deep breath before continuing. "I can't understand anything, it's making me insane, I'm afraid he'll take Aubrey or anybody else, and everybody is just getting killed because of me or my family and––"

Before I could say anything else, Tyler's soft lips connected with mine, for a second I went rigid, but then I eventually kissed him back, knowing that the mate bonding couldn't be resisted, my hands went around his neck and his arms snaked around my waist as he pulled me closer, closing any gaps between us. It felt perfect, like I had no problems or no threats, I felt relaxed and comfortable. But soon we parted due to the lack of oxygen. Tyler cupped my face and looked at me. "Calm down. Everything will be okay."

I bit my lip in agitation. The door clicked open revealing James.
"Alpha stone is right Zoe."

"Did you talk to Katherine?" I asked him.

"Yeah, she said she'll begin tomorrow." James said.

"No, she can't start tomorrow. I'll tell her to start right now." I said as I walked towards my car.

"Zoe!" Both Tyler and James said at the same time.

"I'll be fine. It'll only take 10 minutes." I said trying to sound convincing.

"Could you guys see, if Lisa, Kevin's mate is alright?" I looked at both of them.

James nodded as I got into the car. I drove as fast as I could to reach the guest house. There was no light, maybe she had left, I got out of the car and reached the house only to see darkness, all around. No lights on. She must have left to hunt. As I turned to go back a strange scent hit my nose. Blood. I pushed open the door all the force, only to stumble upon something, as I turned on the switch I saw Katherine, fully covered in blood. My eyes went wide as I noticed how brutally she was killed. Different sorts of weapon were all lying around, like she was defending herself. Every other furniture was broken. As I pulled out my phone, I heard a voice right behind me.

"Really Zoe?" He said his breath hitting my neck. "Can you seriously handle a situation without calling your little watch dogs hm?"

With that he ripped off the phone from my hand and crushed it in front of my eyes.
"Elijah." His name came out of my mouth as venom.

"We meet again Zoe." He whispered.

__________________________________

A/n: hey guys! This is the new update, hope you liked it. If you read my previous chapters, you would realise I changed the story a bit. Do tell me your views and vote , thanks for reading! :)