The kill

P.o.v of James.

My eyes were refusing to blink, my brain was completely numb. How did Zoe turn under a new moon? It's impossible. But there she was. And her wolf had blue eyes, like the ones we saw earlier. Her wolf, looked more dangerous and stronger, and bigger in size.

She then, without any warning, leaped on Elijah, and aimed her jaws at his neck. Ripping the head off, one of the ways Marie had said it would kill them. Another vampire attacked Zoe from behind. I tried to rip my chains off and help my Alpha. She threw another vampire to the left and lunged on Elijah. The one named Veronica picked up the sword and ran towards Zoe, plunged the sword in her back. Zoe paused for a moment, and winced in pain, but quickly she broke it off with her claws, and with a swift move, ripped Veronica's head off, her eyes met mine for a second and she broke all of our chains. Aubrey, Christopher and I were fighting the vampires, both Tyler and Alice were still unconscious. The wall behind me broke as one of them grabbed my neck and dragged me outside on the damp grass.

Dawn was breaking, I could feel my strength coming back to me. I punched one in the face and defended a kick , like we were taught in the training grounds, I turned my head to see Aubrey and Christopher fighting, Christopher had almost healed completely. With a final twist I broke the neck of the pale face. I turned around to see, Elijah and Zoe in an intense fight, the sun's rays were now visible, without any second thought I changed into my wolf.

Beside me, Christopher and Aubrey had changed into their wolves. I howled and called other members of our pack, hoping they could hear us.

I ran and went to help Zoe, who was dragging Elijah by his neck, and he was struggling to get free, I dragged him and held onto his legs as Zoe ripped his head off. There was intense silence. All the wolves and the vampires paused, and looked to see their leader dead. Elijah's head was lying next to a tree, his body next to Zoe. Blood was dripping from Zoe's jaw, she growled at other vampires who took a step back scared.

"We surrender." One of them bowed.

The sun rays hit the forest ground, there was no way, they could fight with us now. The sun only made them weak. Without another word, they were gone, I looked to see my Alpha, all of us bowed as her dominant aura spread across us. She growled once more and headed inside the broken house.

P.o.v of Zoe.

I stumbled towards Tyler, changing back, to human form not caring that I was naked. I placed a hand across his face, sunlight was seeping through the broken walls and windows.

"Tyler" my voice cracked as I realised how cold his skin was.

I felt a piece of cloth on my shoulders, I looked up to see Lisa placing her jacket on my shoulder, her eyes were gentle. I pushed my arms through them and wrapped it around my body.

"I heard the call, from your beta, others are outside." She said explaining.

I dropped my eyes to the cut in his abdomen. It was still raw and open, although the blood had stopped, but it looked fatal. I felt my fingers wrap around Tyler's wrist. A sigh escaped my lips as I felt his pulse, slow and not steady. But there was a pulse.

"Can you call the pack doctor?" I said slowly not wanting to cry. I gulped as she punched the numbers on her phone.

***

We were currently in the hospital, everybody had changed back into normal clothes. A stinging pain was embedded inside me, I couldn't understand what it was. The pain of loosing my pack members? Or the pain of seeing my mate like this? It was hurting me, mentally and physically.

I was trembling at the thought of not seeing Tyler again, Elijah had hurt him pretty bad. Negativity filtered through my brain as I waited. The pain of loosing a mate can be very very fatal. Some werewolves don't even survive it.
I remember hearing all these things from my mother. Everything but the fact that she almost killed her own sister.

"Zoe." I looked up to see Alex.

I instantly got up from the seat.

"He's showing signs of recovery. He should heal soon."

I nodded as he left. A sigh of relief escaped my lips. He's okay.
I went to the other room, where Alice was resting, James was sitting right next to her bed.
James quickly got up, as I entered. He looked tensed, his eyebrows were furrowed.

"She'll be okay James." I said reassuringly.

"She hit her head pretty hard." He whispered.

"What about every one else?" I asked.

"Our best people in the pack are dead. Jace and Emily were mates." He paused as he looked at me. "Mark and Liam, both the brothers dead."

I felt a flash of pain in my chest. My best gamma, and deltas were dead. It was hard, they had been with me for more than three years, they helped me so much, and I couldn't save them. I'm the worst Alpha ever. I can't even look after my pack. I slowly walked out, only to meet Alpha Raymond, who was with Danielle.

"Alpha Allen" he nodded his head towards me.

I acknowledged him, but didn't say anything.

"How's Alpha Stone?" He asked.

"Progressing." I said.

His tense shoulders relaxed. He placed his large hand on my shoulder. "I'm sure he'll be fine."

I nodded. Alpha Raymond left, but Danielle was still standing looking at me.

"You're his mate aren't you?" She asked in low voice.

I looked at her, fighting the urge to punch her in the face.

"Why do you even care?" I asked annoyed.

She held a grim expression on her face.

I started to walk back, but her voice stopped me in mid tracks.

"I know him. Personally."
She said the last word carefully.

I turned around to look at her.

"I was once a part of Tyler's pack, I was his delta." She finished.

Before I could say anything, Alex cut me off.

"Zoe, you need to come here."

I quickly followed Alex leaving Danielle behind. What did she mean personally?

__________________________________
A/n: I know, short chapter sorry for that. This story is almost coming to an end. It's my first story so it's crappy, but thank you for sticking along. There will be around 2-3 chapters at the max. Thanks for reading. Don't forget to vote.