Introduction

Years ago, when Zeus in all his anger cursed Lycaon to be turned into a wolf, the expected generation was supposed to end there. Years later, the werewolf or part man part wolf curse has carried through the bloodlines and has multiplied itself into many more of these creatures that shift under the full moon.

In the 16th and 17th centuries, these creatures struggled to maintain their existence. Thousands of them were being hunted down, pack after pack, family after family. Innocent babies, children, and women were all slaughtered in the name of killing a demon that was a threat to humanity.

Humanity soon got over these creatures and now disregards them as a work of fiction, and fairy tales. Humans have discarded the fear of the unknown and now live in a world of logic, and science. Werewolves, Vampires, Fae Folk, and Wizards, are all children's stories.

A fear that lurked in humans is now a piece of fiction that is printed on books and portrayed on a television screen.

This surprisingly was a great help for them. The closed doors became a new opportunity for them to live peacefully, undetected, and blend in with the crowd.

Packs after packs started to emerge from different countries and cities. Werewolves would start living in a secluded area, usually away from humans, and work out their hierarchy and live like 'sensible beings.'

Werewolves had evolved, they now didn't need to hunt for food for themselves and their packs, they could now talk and walk as humans did, blend in with them. Acquire education, get a job and live like they aren't a descendant of a long ancestry.

However, most of them still consider living close to the packs and close to where they can be their true self.

Each Pack is ruled by a head or the Alpha in this case. He/she is the sole leader and owner of the pack, they make the rules, assigns jobs, and make sure everything is in order. Usually, the Alpha title is passed on from generation to generation but if someone from the lower ranks dares to challenge the Alpha to a duel, a fight in hand-to-hand combat, and can show his dominance and his strength then he would be declared as the new Alpha.

The Alpha's right-hand man or 'the false Alpha' is the Beta - the second in command. Can replace the Alpha in case they are not around. Beta's also provided suggestions and advice to the Alpha. A bond between the Alpha and its Beta is stronger than blood. Betas help maintain discipline in the pack.

Deltas of the packs are third in the hierarchy and they have to watch the territories, train soldiers, and keep the borders clear. Deltas report to Betas. Deltas also include caretakers and health workers.

Gammas are similar to Deltas in terms of hierarchy, Gammas help to take care of the Omegas, and help the needy of the pack. They are the head of the administrative work and help to provide the pack with basic amenities and make sure resources are distributed equally and fairly.

Omegas of the pack are the last in the hierarchy. They work independently or work under Gammas in a pack. Omegas lack physical strength and they often do not turn into werewolves. Many of them are wounded and weak and not able to contribute to the pack. A werewolf who goes against the law can also be degraded to an Omega or be thrown out of the pack.

Alpha is usually one alone, with his mate or so-called Luna, she has the same status as the Alpha and often contributes to the pack.

Betas are usually an odd number, ranging between three to seven.

Gammas and Deltas can be however much the Alpha wants.

A mate to a werewolf is a blessing from the Moon Goddess, Selene. The Greek goddess took pity on these beasts and gave them the gift of a Mate. A soul mate in human terms.

Like humans, they find a person to live, marry and multiply with. Selene gave them the ability to recognize their mates through scents, a scent so strong that the wolf inside you would want to pounce out and claim the one you're meant to love.

She gave them the gift so they could find happiness and solace in their true selves and in what they had to go through, month after month every full moon night.

A mate is not constricted to a werewolf, it can be any creature on the planet. Human, Vampire, Warlocks. Anyone who would accept them. It's a natural thing, a click they feel once in a lifetime.

Their lifetime compared to humans is much longer. Werewolves tend to age slowly due to the curse that binds them to the moon. An average werewolf would live up to ninety human years and still be able to shift into their wolf forms, though not as frequently as before.

Their existence and proof lie in the human world itself, one just has to open its heart and mind, to see what's beyond the ordinary.