Prologue

ABAGAIL GREY pulled her leather jacket on smirking at herself in the mirror

ABAGAIL GREY pulled her leather jacket on smirking at herself in the mirror. Tucking her dark hair behind her ear, she surveyed herself. Her eyebrows had been plucked last night and were perfect, killer, and to die for. Her hair had been brushed through and glossed. Noticing herself take care of it more, especially after her mate, Daniel, kept getting his fingers caught in it. Flashing to behind her, Abagail noticed how her room was the total opposite of her. Where it was filled with pink lighting, thanks to the curtains, and pictures of her staring lovingly at a nerdy looking boyfriend, she was a bad girl. Her wardrobe overflowing with the darker colours, stark contrast to her pale cream carpet.

Quite a few of her belongings were in boxes, or already at her new apartment the pack house. She was procrastinating moving out of her Aunts house as long as she could.

"Abby," her aunt called, walking into her nieces room with a grin. "Daniel's here."

Abagail didn't take her focus off looking at herself in her mirror. Admiring herself. They were back for their last term at school, before she was able to go and study art.

"You look fine, it's just school," she said, pulling Abagail away from the mirror. Rolling her eyes, Abagail stared at her guardian, seeing her dyed black hair and playful eyes. Abagail couldn't help but return the older woman's smile.

"He got the car?" Abagail asked excitedly. Aunt March didn't answer her, instead, continued to grin.

Racing out her house, excitment almost blinding her, Abagail was pleased to see her boyfriend leaning against a beat up BMW.

"You got the car!" She cheered, throwing her arms and legs around him. Catching her Daniel laughed. Hugging her to his chest, he pressed his lips to her heatedly.

Pulling away, he sat her on the bonnet. "I got the car." He grinned happily, enjoying the tingles racing through his body through their mate bond.

They had been together for months now - almost a year. And Abagail was soon to start her fancy art course, like he was. Science teacher, that's what he was going for.

"I was thinking, instead of going to school..." she said, trailing off to lie herself down on the hood of his car. He cut her off with a growl, letting that slither of wolf out to connect with her wolf. He knew neither of them could resist him.

"No skipping school baby," he warned, giving her a flicker of his brilliant blue eyes. She pouted, in defiance, but listened. Pressing her mouth gently to his, he savoured her touch. "But after school..."

Her low chuckle was interupted by the honk of a car. Caden drove passed slowly, Samantha riding beside him, both pretending to vomit. They waved, finally speeding off.