Chapter 22

DANIEL stood up quickly. His nerves eating away as he followed after his cousin. Abagail took a few steps towards him, but he nodded towards her. It's okay. He followed after Caden, who led him out of the training room and into the hallway. He felt that if he called out to Caden, his voice would break. He didn't know why he was so nervous to follow his cousin, but he was. Finally, Caden walked into a room. The floor was coated in padding, six punching bags hanging from the ceiling. There was no one else in the room.

"You're going to need to learn to fight." Caden finally spoke, his voice echoing through the room. On the high ceilings were rusted fans, slowly spinning, making racketing noises. "No one will disturb us here." Caden flexed his arms. Daniel gulped, standing on the edge of the training mat. "Take off your shoes." Caden ordered, Daniel awkwardly did so. "Now, as my cousin, you're going to have to pay attention - you'll got to throw them off." Daniel awkwardly stood, staring at Caden's form. Lifting his hands up, he held his fists in front of him.

"I don't think I'll be any good." Daniel cringed, seeing the size of Caden's muscles.

"We faced Hunters, you and I, we can spar." Caden chuckled, clenching his fists. "Abby and I need to know you can at least defend yourself."

"But I can... defend myself." Daniel furrowed his brow, he was a decent shot with a gun.

"You can always improve." Caden shrugged. "Now, do you know how to tap into your werewolf strength?" Daniel rolled his shoulders, clenching his fists as he felt the rolling of something primal. Instantly, a call to seek his mate out. It was like he himself was walking back down that hallway. He was riding an invisible scent, and then he was back in the training room. He could smell the sweat the rolled over her tight body. Her muscles stretching as she and Romioti fought. The hair plastered to her neck and face. Then her head snapped to the side, he was staring into her eyes. She could see him. Her eyes had darkened, flashing gold as they connected. She grinned, tongue poking out to lick her lips. Then he could smell something else, again trailing down her body to where her leggings clung to her body, her hip bones protruding deliciously out. Screaming for him to grip her and throw her down on that training mat and -

Daniel was thrown to the ground and Caden hovered over him. "That's my sister." He squinted his eyes, grinning. "I don't know all this about mates, but I've heard it's hard to control your urges. Especially in the first year."

"I didn't mean to do that." Daniel gulped, frustrated that Caden had ripped her away from him. His body shook with the need to be with Abagail. He felt anger towards Caden now.

"There we go." Caden chuckled. "Hit me with that rage." He got off Daniel, pulling him to his feet. "Fight me, take that frustration and fight."

Daniel did. He thought about how Abagail had smelt, how her muscles had worked. He thought about how he wanted to press himself against her. How Caden had ripped his desires from him. That he couldn't drop what he was doing - what she was doing to get his hands on her. And about those walls that seperated him and Abagail. He wanted to tear them down with his bare hands.

And with that, he lunged at Caden. Claws out, he made sure to avoid scratching Caden, he hoped. Caden avoided each of Daniel's attacks. Dodging Daniel as he threw himself at him. But then Daniel hit him in the chest, sending him stumbling back a few steps. Then what Abagail had done rung through his mind.

As Caden went to dodge what he thought Daniel was going to deliver another punch, Daniel ducked down on one knee. His hand going out and punching Caden in the thigh. All rage seaped out of him as Caden limped away, screwing up his face.

Please don't tell me I hit him in the dick, Daniel thought to himself in a panic.

"Good work baby." Abagail's voice sent Daniel again rearing. He was instantly on his two feet again, senses trained on her. "You called?" She smirked. He wasn't imagining things... she had seen him when he had somehow followed her scent. She was leaning against the door frame with her arms folded. Sweat still glistening along her body.

"Abby, we're training." Caden seethed, limping slightly towards Abagail. "What happened to Romioti?"

"He is at the medic." Abagail flashed her teeth apologetically. "I walked him there myself, I broke his nose..."

"And?" Caden pressed, eyebrows raised.

"Broke his toe?" Abagail chuckled, pushing herself off the door frame and walking into the training room.

"Abagail, he needs to train." Caden sighed, already knowing her intenions.

"I agree." Abagail nodded. Daniel could onky stand there and stare as she approached. He had no idea how he still stood, even though his legs were shaking... just like his whole body. "But I can't handle it... He's distracting me."

"I brought him in this room so you two wouldn't distract each other." Caden snorted, finally walking properly on his leg as he picked up his discarded shirt. Daniel didn't even realise the two were no longer wearing their shirts. Daniel saw his own shirt on the floor, ripped to pieces by his own claws.

"You'll know what it's like one day, Caden." Abagail said darkly, staring into Daniel's eyes with her burning hazel. "Come with me, Daniel, we have some matters to settle."

"Yes Ma'am." Daniel said breathlessly, quickly padding across the room to her. Leaving his shirt and shoes behind.

---

Hey Gang,

Whether you've just discovered me or you've stuck with me for a long while (you tough cookies), I'm thankful for and humbled by your support. I have free bonus material for all of you; look out for that in the next few weeks!

You guys are the best. I want to form a special group for us! Any team/fandom name suggestions? Anything you'd like to be called as a group? Shoot me your ideas. Comment below!

See you in the next update!