Chapter 24

ABAGAIL'S freezing cost her. As soon as she turned to look at the little girl the wolf lunged at her, its mouth gaping to sink into her neck. Abagail was soon to realize that the little girl was Jessie. Which meant the rogue attacking her was Jessie's Mother.

Felicè's teeth grazed Abagail's fur as she ducked out the way, biting at the wolfs haunches. Hacking again, Felicè turned around to slash at Abagail's face. Abagail caught the paw in her mouth, biting down hard. Hopefully it momentarily crippled the wolf, enough for her to be detained.

"The Rogue is attacking." Abagail shot through the mindlink. Abagail was surprised when Felicè bounded on her bad leg, which oozed thick blood. She seemed unphased by the injury.

"We're almost there, Beta Abagail." One of the pack members shot back. Abagail recognized it as Saber. Abagail stood in front of Jessie, hoping she protected the little girl. She doubted Felicè would attack her own daughter, but there was something off.

Abagail realised, in this moment, all the signs she should have listened to. She should have kept up to date on Anthon and his family. She had checked up on Jessie, once, briefly. Just enough to see if she had been enrolled. What if Felicè sickness spread? What if Felicè had killed someone.

But most importantly, Abagail wanted to know where her scent was.

Even within lunging distance, down wind, Abagail couldn't smell the wolf. It was if Felicè didn't exist. Taking a deep breath, all Abagail could feel filling her lungs was some sort of emptiness.

Jessie cried behind Abagail, flinching away as Felice crouched down, eyes on the girl. She hacked at Jessie, baring her teeth.

Abagail knew Felicè was violent, but definitely not towards Jessie. Abagail growled, putting herself between Felicè's line of vision and Jessie.

The other wolves were still yet to break past the tree line, so Abagail had to face Felicè on her own. She tried her best to mindlink Jessie, who so new and not yet fully in touch with her wolf side.

"Jessie... you need to go." She reached said, reaching into the little girls mind.

"No! I won't leave my Mummy." Jessie screamed, sobbing as she reached her arms out for her mother. The little girl fell to her knees, scared and frightened.

Abagail had to think fast, she racked her brain for anything to make the girl leave. Finally, hope. "Jessie, I need you to go find your Father."

"Can he help Mummy?" She sobbed, her little voice breaking. Abagail bit back a whine, feeling for the poor girl.

"Of course he can, who else can help your Mummy?" She felt her heart melt, as she spoke to the girl. She heard the harsh sniffling, causing the rogue to twitch, hacking again.

"O-okay." Jessie's voice was stronger. Abagail sensed the girl get up from behind her. "Is my Mummy going to be alright?"

"I will look after her, she is just a little sick." Abagail said gently. Felicè growled as Jessie turned her back on them slowly. "Run, go get your Dad." She pushed, taking a step back as Felicè took a step forward. Abagail knew that as soon as Jessie tried to leave, Felicè would try and chase her. There was something so unsettling and wrong with the wolf before that it shook Abagail to the core. "Run, Jessie." Abagail pleaded. And so Jessie ran.

The action sent Felicè into a frenzy. She tried to barrel past Abagail, tried to get to Jessie. Fear rippled through Abagail as Jessie kept running, crying out for her father. Abagail's chest hit Felicè's, the wolf the same size as her Beta wolf. It was concerning, especially as the wolf seeme to not feel the blows Abagail dealt.

Jaws snapped, bodies collided, claws slashed. Abagail tried her best to avoid Felicè's disease ridden bites, but it got harder the more the wolf pushed.

Finally, as if Abagail had been waiting for hours, her fellow wolves broke through.

She recognized Romioti and Jack, their wolves the same pattern - the only differences were the shape of the eyes and the patter on their snouts.

But Abagail couldn't focus too long on the way they looked as Felicè's canines sunk deep into her shoulder. Howling in pain, Abagail felt a searing hot pain run through her shoulder as Felicè kept clamping her jaw down harder. Abagail's wolf howled so loud it sounded like a scream.

Romioti and Saber instantly were ontop of the rogue, trying to bring her down. Jack came from beneath, trying to tear the wolfs throat out, anything to make it release its hold on Abagail.

"Let her go." A loud booming voice shouted. The voice boomed across the open area, sending tendrils through the wolves. The bark of an Alpha. Abagail tried to crane her head to see Caden's dad, but Felicè started shaking her head, trying to tear Abagail apart. Abagil scratched out, the pain getting unbearable, her vision begining to blur.

DANIEL fell to the ground, sweat drowning his body, his clothes soaked. He gasped for breath, pain searing down into his core. Running along his mark. He threw himself against a wall, crashing into a bookshelf, things falling and breaking all around him. He gasped for air, clawing at his mark.

"Abagail." He gasped out, panting heavily as he tried to catch his breath. He knew, deep down, something had happened to Abagail. He stumbled towards his bedroom door, his vision hazed. Daniel tried to put one foot infront of the other, racing past a concerned Christopher, and down to the door. His hands reached out, colliding with the door handle, but he couldn't turn it. Another wave of pain racked through him, sending him to the ground, clutching at his shoulder.

"Danny." Christopher was on his knee's beside him, lifting his brother into his arms.

"I need... I need to get to Abagail." Daniel gasped out, his veins popping as pain continued to wrack through him.

"You need a Hospital." Christopher's voice shook. "I need to get Mum - " Daniel cut him off mid sentence.

"I need to get to Abby, take... take me to her." He gasped, his hands gripping at his brothers shirt. The two stared into each others eyes for a long moment.

"I'll... I'll drive us." Christopher said softly.