Chapter 25

ABAGAIL claws raked down Felicè's face, tearing at the flesh around her muzzle, but she made no sound and did not loosen her jaw. Whimpering, Abagail's vision blured again, this time it took longer for her to come to. She felt something seaping into her bloodstream. Wishing she had lunged, before her jaws had clamped, ate away at her with regret. The diseased wolf was infecting her bloodstream.

"Its killing her!" She felt Saber's voice boom through her mind. It was like the link was weakened, though, like he was shouting down a tunnel. Abagail's eyes rolled back, wheezing she tried to swipe the wolf off her again. Her paw raking across Felicè's throat.

Blood poured down Abagail's body. She could feel it trickling down to the ground, dripping off and onto the ground. Her fur was begining to matt as the stiff wind dried it. It would no doubt crust to her fur. But that was the least of her worries.

"Enough is enough." The Alpha's voice boomed again. The surge his powerful voice shook through Abagail. It reminded her to keep going. She could hear her Alpha shifting into his wolf form. Abagail thrashed, her flesh tearing, as she tried to pry herself free. Abagail could feel her heart beat slowly, her whole body going lax. Her hind legs shaking as they threatened to give out. She wouldn't let sleep take her without a fight.

Abagail thrashed out with all she had,  claws lashing out. Her claws were met with nothing. As Felicè was ripped off of her, her jas unclamping from her shoulder, Felicè was thrown across the clearing. Abagail looked up, her eye lids fluttering as she slumped to the ground.

She watched as the Alpha, who had shifted into the biggest wolf she had ever seen, ripped into Felicè. Felicè writhed beneath him, snapping her long canines at him. Abagail wished she could have called out, to stop them.

Wait, she tried to call through the mindlink. Wait, I promised her a better life. Don't kill her. Don't let her leave her daughter behind... Wait. But Abagail's thoughts didn't reach past her mind as she fell into unconsciousness.

The last thing Abagail saw as she passed out, was the Alpha snapping the woman neck.

DANIEL let Christopher drag him down the streets of the Blood Claw pack village. His head spun, aching with each step they took. Christopher looked around unsure, people staring at the two in confusion as the two boys limped past. "Faster." Daniel panted, his legs shaking as they raced down the dusty brick road.

"I - is that Mason?" Christopher panted, looking ahead to see Mason, rushing up the stairs of the pack house.

"Mason." Daniel wheezed, loudly as he pushed off his brother, stumbling towards the pack medic. Mason snapped around, eyes widening as he raced over to the collapsing Daniel.

"It's Abagail." Mason said gently, pulling Daniel up to his feet. "This isn't good."

"Abby - what's happened to Abby?" Daniel said through gasps, his own skin boiling. "Why does it feel like this?" Mason didn't answer him, instead dragged him up the stairs.

Christopher watched on in horror. "Shouldn't we take him to the hospital?" He squeaked, following after Mason as he dragged his brother inside.

"They can't help him." Mason said, not looking at his mate. "Caden!" Mason bellowed into the pack house, dragging Daniel down corridors, Christopher on his heels. "Caden!" Mason looped down a few hallways, rushing past wolves who barely got out of the way before Mason dragged Daniel past them.

"Um... Mason what is going on?" Christopher asked, jogging to keep up with Mason and Daniel.

"I need to get them together." Mason said, stressing out as he broke through another door. Daniel coughed, the pain burning hotter and hotter. His mark ached, and his stomach threatened to turn upside down.

"Why?" Christopher asked. "What is happening to Daniel?"

"His Mark is fading." Mason said, pushing Daniel's shirt to the side. Daniel's veins popped, a swirled mark around his neck looked irritated and red.

"What does that mean?" Daniel seethed, his knuckles turning white from clutching Mason's shoulder, trying to keep himself up right.

"It means Abagail is dying." The Alpha's voice panted, his face pale.