Chapter 10

ANTHON Montgomery held his daughters hand, his wife, and mate, stood in the corner of the room with her arms folded. She was glaring out at the empty room as they waited. He didn't move to comfort her, instead, held onto Jessie. She didn't like this, she wanted all them to leave and keep Jessie away from a pack.

But Anthon trusted the young girl with the red hair.

As if thinking about her summoned her, she walked through the door. Beta-in-line Abagail Grey walked through the door. Two boys her age on her tail. Her leading them. One looked similar enough to be her brother. The other was blonde haired, blue eyed and scrawny.

Jessie stopped hiding behind his leg, popping her head out to wave shyly at them. At Abagail. Abagail smiled sweetly, at the young girl, before her eyes landed on Felicè, his wife. Felicè narrowed her eyes and bared her teeth, standing infront of Jessie and Anthon. Protecting her husband. If they weren't so content on being standoffish, Anthon knew they would get along. Or perhaps they wouldn't, they could have been too alike.

"Fuck off..." Felicè snapped, but was promptly cut off by Anthon.

"Felicè, don't talk to them like that," He pleaded, grabbing onto his mates arm. Watching her grind her jaw and roll her eyes, she turned it down. She was probably in her mid twenties, and Jessie reached out to hold onto her shirt. Trying to keep her mother close to her, and to make her stop insulting Abagail.

"Mrs Montgomery," Abagail deadpanned, her own eyes narrowing at the older woman.

"Shoo, little girl, the grown ups are talking," She hissed, eyeing each of the teenagers in the room. Rogues.

Caden growled, his wolf shining through as he crossed his arms like she had been. Felicè's eyes switched to him. Burning with fire, angrily.

"Yes, because glowering across the room and rolling your eyes classes you as a grown up," Caden snorted, authority lacing his tone. They could see the defiance of her rogue nature burning in her eyes.

It made Abagail agitated. She preferred Anthon and Jessie. Felicè made to growl at Caden, but Anthon grabbed her arm gently, warning her. "Felicè, please," he begged.

"My Beta and I are here to negotiate your transition into our pack," He said, he had rehursed this line over and over again in the shower before coming here. "If you wouldn't mind coming this way -"

"Like hell,"Felicè gritted her teeth, seething and stepping infront of Jessie and her mate. The older woman was much like Abagail. More than she wanted to admit.

"Felicè, stop it." He begged, clutching his daughter to him, and away from her Mother. Jessie's eyes welled up with tears, burying her face into her Father's leg. He rubbed her back gently as a moment of silence passed between everyone.

Abagail spared a look at the blonde man behind her, her eyes seeming to glowing like honey as she stared at him, her eyes doing a once over on him. He shared her look. Anthon recognised that desire, around children. He was taken aback.

Abagail turned her gaze back to the ex-rogues. But Felicè did not speak up again.

"Please, we want to try." Anthon pleaded with his mate. Felicè clenched her jaw, raising her chin in the air, prideful.

He wanted that education for their daughter; fuck his pride.

***

"Come this way please," Daniel said, extending his arm to a door off to the side, his only job. He was going to be bored and distract Abagail otherwise. Everyone slowly followed where Daniel had instructed.