Chapter 4

DANIEL watched as Abagail leant across the table, pointing out something in a magazine to Mason who seemed interested in an expensive clothing line. The three boys, plus Abagail, were engrossed in the fashion magazine. Watching his mate point out all the punk like things out made him laugh. It was an odd thing, to see so many larger men be so comfortable in their sexuality. It made Daniel feel comfortable about himself.

"See Mase, Romioti agrees, this leather jacket would be so cool," Abagail said heatedly.

"I can't pull off leather jackets," He rolled his eyes, bringing it to his chest tightly, eyeing it in the magazine. "Although I like the pink one," He mumbled, shoving it towards Saber, who turned his nose up. "What do you think?"

"When in doubt, choose black," Saber said, smirking. Daniel swore Saber winked at Romioti, who froze in his seat and blushed. Raising his eyebrows at the two boys, who noticed they had been caught, sent him a wink, holding a finger to their lips, telling him to keep quiet. Abagail sat back on her chair, throwing an arm over the back of his chair, nonchalantly. Like he had seen so many guys do to their girlfriends.

Abagail was his little boyfriend.

"Does your man candy know about how important seventeenth birthdays are?" Mason asked, his own eyebrow raised, watching Daniel's reaction. Daniel sat up straight, of course he knew what how important seventeenth birthday. Abagail and he talked about his new world extensively. He could be quizzed on it, and possibly get a little over fifty percent of it right.

"You become of age," Daniel answered, sending a look towards Abagail who nodded in encouragment. She believed in him. He knew, of course, what a seventeenth birthday meant. "Oh - and the mate thing," he said, adding it as a second thought.

The three boys burst into laughter, and Abagail merely poked him in the back of the neck. Reminding him she was his mate thing.

"It's funny, because that's how you got into our world," Mason said, shaking his head in laughter, flipping the page in his magazine. His eyes barely left the pages for more than a few seconds.

"Abby, don't be grumpy," He awed, pulling her chair closer to his. When she slung a leg across his lap, he knew she wasn't grumpy. Staring out at the familiar, gorgeous paved road, Daniel took it in. It reminded him of a little pack village, which is what it is. Kissing her cheek, she gave in, a smile replacing her grumpy face.

"Ew," The boys chorused together quietly from around the table. Mason clapped excitedly, bringing the magazine closer to his face, pressing his nose against it. "These boots are to die for."

"I'm going to get another hot chocolate, want anything, darling?" Daniel asked Abagail, brushing her red hair behind her ear.

"No, don't worry, you get what you want," Mason answered, grinning from ear to ear, still sitting between Saber and Romioti. Trying to pretend darling was meant for him.

"Shut up, Mason," Abagail snorted again, kissing Daniel gently. His lanky body leaning over her. "Can I get a wolf charmer?" The way she said the name of her drink, with a grin, was weird. Daniel furrowed his eyebrows when the boys froze behind the magazine, staring at the two with wide eyes. Daniel kissed the top of her head before walking off. He wondered if a Wolf Charmer had alcohol in it, it sounded like it did.

Daniel walked away from his mate and their friends. Sparing his mate a look, he noticed Abagail going back to the boys. All of them circling over the magazine again. Daniel was pretty sure they were trying to get ideas for Mason's party outfit.

He waited in line, watching as a lot of mated pairs sat outside, while there was more unmated pairs. He had never truly noticed couples until he actually got a girlfriend. His eyes somehow always skimmed over crowds, obliviously. But now, especially when he wasn't with Abby, he found them. They hung out in platonic friend groups or on awkward dates. He didn't mean to over hear them, but his wolf hearing was still hard to control. So, he accidentally over heard a few conversations, and got way more detailed explanations of what was going on within their groups.