Chapter 2

DANIEL tucked his arm tighter around his girls waist, she was fast asleep still and her pants were hanging from his fan. He had woken before her, which was a rarity between them. They had snuck into his house, then up to his room, and of course... Had sex. The thought that he could say that so casually, startled him. He and Abagail did it so often, yet, his heart still beat hard in his chest at the thought. Sometimes, a little like now, he couldn't walk afterwards. She wore him out entirely. He needed to work out.

"Abby," he said gently. He tried to keep his breath away from her, even if his mouth tasted like cherries. She stirred, whining as she rolled into his chest, burrying her head. "Abby," He nudged her again and her eyes blinked open in a daze. Her eyes took a moment to focus, her hair standing up. It made his head spin at how beautiful she was. "Abagail why are your panties hanging from my ceiling fan?" The bright pink g-string was definetly not his. He pressed his lips to his forehead, keeping his voice low, his parents were downstairs. He could hear them in the kitchen.

"You threw them up there," She croaked, rubbing her eyes. Stretching beneath his arm, her body shaking as she grunted. "I need to get ready for school," She sighed, looking around his room. Turning back to him, she kissed him gently before rolling over and collecting her clothes. "Can you get that for me?" She asked, pointing to the fan.

"I reckon they can stay here and you can come back for them," He winked, lying in his bed as she pulled her jeans on. Tucking his hands behind his head, he watched her.

"You are so gross. Don't be late for school," She said, crawling across his bed, and gave him a gentle kiss.

He pulled her closer, wrapping his arms around her neck. This was their life now, he couldn't be more happier than where he was. They had all the time in the world. Knotting a hand in her hair, he dragged his tongue through her mouth, her throat grumbling. Melting into him, like she had over and over again last night.

Suddenly she froze and jumped off him. "Your Mum," She muttered nervously. She jumping onto the bed, standing up and taking her underwear off the fan, throwing it at him. He caught them in surprise, holding them up in the light. "See you later," the smirk she offered him, sitting on the window sill.

She jumped out the window, causing his heart to drop into his stomach. She was terrible. He knew she was okay, he had seen her freefall from higher places, and stand on two feet.

His adoptive Mother knocked on the door, Daniel sittin up quickly, hiding the underwear under the blanket. "Time to get up dear," Her voice called, sweet and comforting. She didn't open the door.

They didn't know the epidemic that had happened, the real one. All that they had been told was that Jim was a crimminal and was taken off to jail. Not that he had killed so many people.

"I already am," he answered, getting ready for his shower. He knew he needed it.

Dressing quickly, Daniel rushed his wake up routine, hair still wet. School. He had to get to school. His mind and balls were making himself a little slow to react. To get his mind back into working order - to say anything other than oh my god, yes, and faster.

He heard Abagail shift, further into the distance. A sweet, quiet howl that only a werewolf could hear.

She hadn't shifted in front of him, not since their battle with Jim and his army. He shook the thoughts from his head, the blood and the fact his Mother nearly died. That Abagail, nearly died.

His phone buzzed, causing him to look up.

My Bby girl: I already miss you

He rolled his eyes, blushing as he was instantly distracted by his mate. She never showed anyone this side. The side to show she cared and missed people. That her missing her parents still got to her. That she wanted to protect people she cared about. She wasn't like that with Caden, she would insult him so he knew she cared, that was their relationship. But with Daniel... She missed him. Because their bond made them both feel whole, that she could sleep across his chest, and feel safer than she had ever been.