Chapter 16

ABAGAIL buttoned her shirt back up, watching as Daniel stayed sprawled across the floor of Mason's guest room. His hair tousled and lipstick smeared across his lips, a lazy grin on his face. "Come back hear." He growled, wrapping his hands around her thighs. She hummed in response, enjoying his warm touch. Slowly she lowered herself to straddle him entwining their fingers together.

"You know what I love about being mated?" She bit her lip, bringing his hand up to touch her face. "That we can be alone like this, and do whatever we want with each other." She smiled, leaning down to give him an Eskimo kiss. "Shit - I love you." She giggled, her cheeks flaming red as she rolled to lay beside him.

"I love you too." He rolled over, pulling her leg over his waist. They laid there together in each others arms, tracing the outline of their lovers faces.

"Daniel, I was thinking that..." she trailed off, her index finger stopping on his jawline, her complete attention focused on it. "That we could have a mating ceremony." She toyed with his bare chest next, pressing a kiss to his shoulder. "It's like the human equivalent to an engagement party - or a wedding. Or a quinceañera. Just to announce to my culture that we are identified as a mated pair." She sat up, propping herself on her elbow to look down on Daniel.

"I like the sound of that." He tugged on her gorgeous dark hair. "But how much of a wedding is it?"

"Uh - I mean we just kind of get like... tribal paint and wear some stuff... it's actually really beautiful. But someone chants and prays to the moon goddess and then we eat really good food." She ranted, staring at her hand that toyed with his hair. He needed a hair cut - if he wanted to keep his standardly cute do he liked to sport.

"You don't need to try and make it appealing Puppy, I want to do it." He propped himself on his elbows too - nose to nose with her. His heart melted at the grin that spread across her face.

"Really?" She laughed, wrapping her arms around his neck. Her laughter was the most beautiful thing he had ever heard - pure joy and excitement. Tough Abby was hot - but that laugh was the reason he was so willing to spend the rest of his life with her.

"Do you know what I should go do." Daniel said suddenly, laying Abagail on her back. Her smirk simply meant she thought he was going to undress her again. But he rolled away from her, trying to get up and walk out the door butt naked. "I should go punch that fucker in the face for thinking he can touch my girl."

"Danny." She laughed, gripping his stomach in her hands - she pulled him back down. "Stay here with me." She pressed her mouth to his back. "Come cuddle me, this mat is so fluffy." She ran her fingers over the fake fur rug.

"It is fluffy - not as fluffy as you." He smiled, resting his head against her chest. She scoffed, running her fingers through his hair.

"I am not fluffy." She snorted, the whole idea of that was completely insane. She was in no way fluffy. She punched people. She wore a leather jacket. She had a collection of pocket knives. She ripped holes in her fucking jeans. Not to mention she turned into a werewolf.

"You are such a softy, don't even try to deny it baby." He sighed, relaxing as he rested in the crook of her neck. He felt completely safe again, it was always that way with Abagail.

"How am I soft?" She snorted, annoyed and pouting. But she didn't stop holding him.

"To me." He angled his head to kiss her jugular gently. She stared through her eyelashes at him, exhaling slowly. "You know your so strong." She cracked a grin, shaking her head as he wrapped his arms around her middle. "All those muscles - crap you're so toned." He pressed a thumb to her abs.

"Whose soft now?" She arched her perfectly perfect eyebrow, staring down at him. His gorgeous eyes were closed, pressing himself agaisnt her. The music pounded around them, much like they were before, but it somehow was not distracting.

"I'll always be soft on you, Puppy." He ran a finger down her spine, smiling as she wriggled in his arms. This was amazing.

MASON followed the scent all the way down the street, walking past bins. There was a hooded figure who he had seen leaving the party. He was hunched over and was obviously older than Mason. But everything in him screamed - Mate.

His eyes were trained on the figure who obviously didn't know he was being followed. His heart beat accelerated. It was a him. His mate was a man. His parents didn't know he was gay - although it should have been clearly obvious. This was proof it was okay to be who he was - that the herself moon goddess approved.

The hooded figure kicked at a discarded soda can. He was riddled with a hot persona of teen angst.

"Please be hot." Mason muttered to himself, jogging a little faster after the figure. "Hey - hey Mr!" The hooded figure stopped instantly. Turning around, but still cast in shadow. The mystery was nagging at him completely as he ran just a little closer. The figure took a shaking step back. Mason didn't know if it was because he was intimidated or because he felt the bond. "Uh - hey."

Mason stopped, one more step and the shadows would lift from his face. One more step towards his future. He knew he could never compete with what Abagail and Daniel had - but they had been going at it for longer. Had fallen in love. He was going to face scrutiny for having a man as a mate. Or maybe a big woman. But he didn't want a woman - he didn't love women like that.

So he took that one step so all was revealed. The air left his lungs, his eyes widened and his jaw dropped. This was his mate. "Chris-Christopher?"