violet

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*violet✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
violet
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"can we go out today?" jimin asked as he pouted, he decided to skive today and help me through my shift at the cafe.

"no jimin i need to work." i answered him bluntly. for some reason i haven't been feeling myself these past few weeks and to say that our relationship is going downhill is an understatement. i can tell he's trying by skiving school days just to hang out with me and constantly asking how my day is but to be completely honest it's just kinda annoying.

"what's up with you lately?" he snapped unexpectedly.

"nothing."

"obviously there is something wrong because i always feel unwanted when i'm around you now. am i? unwanted?"

"jimin now is not the place where we should be talking about this."

"forget it, i'm going for a walk." and with that he left the cafe, i called for him but it was too late.

i placed my head in my hands, elbows resting on the counter as i sighed. i've fucked that up haven't i? why is it that everything good i have in my life seems to turn out bad, like there is no ending where i end up happy.

i heard the bell ring through the cafe but i didn't react in anyway, just analysing the conversation between me and jimin. the sentences spat out of our mouths weren't even that bad, but we never argue. was this relationship too good to be true?

"um yoongi?" i heard a velvety voice ring through my ears, i lifted my head to see taehyung's worried face.

"hmm?"

"were you asleep or?"

"oh. no."

"are you okay?"

"i'm okay."

"you sure?"

"usual?" i asked, too tired and unmotivated to speak any further.

"just for me and hoseok. can i have mine in a take out cup though, i'm not staying but hoseok is." i let out a huge sigh before starting to make the drinks. it was the same method all over again, the same things happening everyday that it's become boring.

"why can't he come and order himself? he always gets you to do it." i asked taehyung, referring to hoseok in an annoyed manner. was he scared of me or something?

"social anxiety i guess. he doesn't like going up to counters."

"that's stupid."

"it's not really. some people are just scared of certain things which make them uncomfortable."

silence crashed onto us, making the air seem thick and the situation awkward.

"you're right, i'm sorry. i'm not with it today." i sighed as i put the lid on taehyung's espresso before handing it to him along with the glass of iced coffee.

"get some rest yoongi. you look tired." he gave me a sad smile before paying and walking over to hoseok, his blood red hair catching the light along with the studs in his ears. i watched as taehyung placed his glass next to his art work, being carful it doesn't spill over before bidding his farewells and walking out of the cafe.

the last few hours of my shift flew by a little too quickly and i wasn't ready to face the loneliness of my apartment. i sighed as i watched the last few people leave the cafe, waving goodbye to me before i chucked my apron over the counter and stretching out all my limbs, yawning. the sun had just began to set, meaning warm orange light painted the inside of the cafe and graced my skin. i grabbed the cloth, ready to clean the tables before making my way from behind the counter only to see hoseok sleeping with his head down on the table on top of his art work, his red hair falling all over the place.

"um hoseok?" i whispered and surprisingly that was enough for him to start shifting around.

"the cafe is closing now." i whispered again, but didn't prepare myself for when he looked straight up at me. making direct eye contact.

i noticed how he wasn't wearing any makeup, his flawed yet beautiful skin on show. but i also noticed his lightly coloured violet iris'. i felt my heart get stuck in my throat as i watched the crimson red liquid fall slowly down his cheek. so many emotions crashed on to me all at once that i just felt numb, but i couldn't remove my eyes from his breathtakingly beautiful ones.

i felt the blood run down my face also, and in that moment the only thing that occupied my mind was him. his messy red hair, his silver studs that decorated his ears, his imperfect tanned skin, his honey textured voice and his light violet eyes.

we held eye contact for a few more seconds, not believing what was happening. that was until hoseok stood up quickly, knocking his chair over in the process.

"i... i..." i scanned his face for any answer as to what was happening but all i saw was tears of blood cascading down his cheeks. before he said anything else he ran out of the cafe, the bell ringing as the door was slammed shut. the blood streaming from my eyes now falling onto my clothes and the floor.