14/30

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
"heart made of glass my mind of stone
tear me to pieces, skin and bone.
~ lovely.
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

i waited outside the cafe, bouncing on the balls of my feet nervously. my palms sweated as i looked in the cafe, watching yoongi take off his apron before i shifted my vision to the streets, looking for any trace of jimin arriving.

a few minutes later the bell rang, i watched yoongi lock the door before placing the key safely in his trusty leather jacket.

"ready?" he asked me, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"what about jimin?"

"he's meeting us at mine." yoongi smiled before he walked up to my side and we began our journey.

"do you live far?" i asked him, not being sure if my legs could carry me a far distance. but mostly because i am sure that this walk would be awkward.

"about ten minutes away."

"oh okay..."

we plunged into an uncomfortable silence, the distant waves could be heard as we walked through the seaside town. i was unaware where we were going to i just followed yoongi's lead, walking a slight bit behind him.

"why are you walking behind me?" i heard him chuckle.

"i don't exactly know where we're going."

"here." yoongi placed his elbow out, his hands still tucked into his pockets.

"what...?"

"come link arms with me." he said it with such ease like it meant nothing.

"why?"

"so i can lead you to my house. then you wouldn't have to walk behind me." he looked back at me, raising his eyebrow suggestively.

"oh th-that's okay..."

without saying anything yoongi stepped back so he was walking level with me, he removed his hand from his pocket before snaking his arm round mine and then placing his hand back in his pocket.

"see. no harm." he laughed as we carried on down the road, our arms linked together.

the sun had just set, meaning that the fairy lights stringing from lamp post to lamp post switched on. the smell of family friendly restaurants was thick in the air and the waves still audible.

"tell me about yourself jung hoseok." yoongi said confidently, but all i felt was his arm laced with mine. is this what friends do?

"i'm sure you already know everything there is to know..."

"i know you're eighteen and an art major, that's about it."

"that's all there really is."

"i'm sure that's not true, you seem like an interesting person."

"i'm sorry to rain on your parade but i can tell you now that i am most definitely not an interesting person. but do tell me about you."

"umm i moved here almost three years ago with namjoon, he was lucky really. finding his soul mate as soon as we moved here. they moved in with each other after two months of finding each other meaning i was left in an apartment by myself."

"you don't live with jimin?"

"no."

"how come?"

without giving a verbal reply he just looked at me, smiling a little before looking back at the path ahead of us. this scenario felt all too familiar. the charms. the smiles. the small talk. maybe i'm just being paranoid but as the night got darker i felt my heart getting more numb.

"i never got to ask, what colour are my eyes?" yoongi asked in a mischievous tone which took me by surprise.

"oh yeah... sorry... they're blue."

"blue? what shade of blue?"

"a really light blue, like the shore."