07/30

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
"tell you the truth
i hate what didn't kill me.
~ drunk.
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"i don't know what's happened to your mood over the past week hoseok but can't you tell i'm trying to help?" jungkook said to me as we walked down the street, the gentle wind blowing through my hair as i zipped up my jacket. the sun had started to set, meaning we were basking in the orange glow the sun was giving off. i felt bad that we wasn't at the beach already because i knew jungkook was looking forward to watching the sunset over the sea.

"i know you're trying jungkook. i know."

"so do you wanna tell me what's up?"

"it's nothing." i said as we entered the beach just managing to see the sun shine on the sea before it completely disappeared.

"hey it's jungkook and hoseok!" i heard taehyung call and i looked over to the small group of people that had gathered on the beach.

"we'll speak tomorrow." was jungkook's last words before we joined the others. so much for it just being me jungkook and taehyung. he forgot to add, 'oh and namjoon, jin, yoongi and jimin are gonna be there and it's gonna be like a triple date plus you lmao.'

the heat emitting from the flame was enough to keep us all warm as the night washed over us, painting the night sky black but not dark enough for stars to start appearing yet.

i sat on the sand near the fire by myself whilst everyone else was sitting with their 'significant others'. note the sarcasm. to say that it was awkward wouldn't even suffice. the humid air was thick with stares and unspoken words, it was as if i could hear everyone's thoughts and it made me feel uncomfortable and out of place. everyone was cuddled up to each other in attempts to keep each other warm, even jimin and yoongi. i guess they worked it out. the bonfire crackled as the wood burnt, the mesmerising flame occupying my thoughts as i tried to block out everything else. yet it didn't seem to work.

"i'm gonna go for a walk." i said before getting up and brushing my jeans down and pulling my hood over my head.

"hoseok it's dark." taehyung said with a worrisome tone.

"i know tae. i'll be fine. i'll be back in half an hour don't worry."

"do you have your phone?"

"yes." no.

"okay. stay safe."

wrong move.