04/30

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
"i guess i got lost in your heartbeat.
in the thrill of it all."
~ the thrill of it all
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

i sat on the beach, recollecting my thoughts as i listened to the annoying birds contrasting the calming waves. the sand was getting into my jeans and coat pockets as the wind subtly blew the grains in all directions but that was the least of my worries.

"you're gonna get sand all in your clothes. come sit on the blanket." i heard that familiar sentence ring through my ears, i knew i've heard it before but i just can't remember where. i peeled my eyes away from the therapeutic waves and to where the voice was coming from. and to no convey there was yoongi, standing there with a picnic blanket rolled up in his arms. his white dyed hair blew in the wind, earrings blowing about also. a black leather jacket and white t shirt hugged his torso and shoulders. i pulled the hood of my jacket over my greasy hair, suddenly feeling conscious before standing up on my feet and going to turn away before his voice dragged me back in.

"sit down hoseok. please." he placed the blanket on the sand and we both took a seat on the fabric, either side of it so we were both far apart. i didn't dare look at him or in the eye, scared that i would see it all over again.

the silence that coated over us was almost overwhelming. so many words and thoughts being exchanged between us but nothing actually being said.

"do you have my art book?" this was the first thing i asked him as i stared at the waves relapsing on each other as the kids and adults splashed around in the salty body of water. there was some fumbling around before it was finally placed on to my lap, a huge breath that i was holding in escaping my mouth as i felt myself relax a bit.

"i saw your drawing." yoongi said, making my heart race.

"what did you think?"

"it's beautiful. i see you painted me with indigo hair? should i dye my hair like that in real life?" i chucked at his attempt to lighten the situation but mostly a chuckle of relief to hear that he actually liked it.

"you got the reference from taehyung's photo right?"

"yeah." i whispered, not sure wether i was enjoying this small talk or not.

"what if i told you i was looking at you when he took it?" yoongi said and it made the colour drain from my face. i looked right at him, completely forgetting what i would see. he looked back at me and i felt like crying, i didn't want to see his eye colour. i wanted it to be a dull boring grey like everyone else's. almost instantly i looked back at the waves, trying to control any emotion that was trying to take over my body.

"your eyes are violet."

"what?"

"your eyes. they are violet." i laughed lightly to myself, this was really happening wasn't it? someone could actually tell me the colour of my eyes and that someone happened to have a boyfriend. i was scared. scared that my soulmate is sitting right next to me. scared that i've actually known him for a while, just never made eye contact. and scared because i don't want to learn to love him. how could i?

"they're beautiful hoseok."

"no they're not. don't say that."

"but they are..."

"stop it yoongi."

"why? why are you so afraid?"

"i'm going home. you should too. jimin's worried." i said as i got up, brushing the sand off of me.

"i know..."

"then why won't you answer his calls?!"

"i needed time to think."

"yet you can come running to me? you don't know me yoongi, so don't think you can love me because i won't let you."

"but hose-"

"see you around yoongi."