Chapter 10

Damien's POV (PLOT TWIST)

I walked back over to the group and sat down next to Wes when my phone rang. I took it out of my pocket and saw that my step-sister was calling. 

"I'll be right back. I have to take this." I said as they all nodded. I kissed Ranna's cheek and walked away from the group and into the kitchen. I pressed answer and held the phone up to my ear. 

"Hey sis, what's up" I said in my usual cheery tone. I heard a couple of shaky breaths and wrinkled my eyebrows. 

"Damien. It's mom" she said in a strained and raspy voice. I felt my heart drop. 

"what happened" I said in a monotone voice. She sniffled as I heard noises in the background like she was in a crowed place. 

"She..I found her on t-the ground t-this morning" She said weakly. 

"Is she okay?" I asked worriedly. 

"We're in the hospital. She hasn't woken up yet" She said shakily. 

"I'm catching the next flight home tomorrow" I said as my heart was pounding and emotion was clear in my voice. 

"b-but what about your vaca-" She started but I cut her off.

"Ill see you tomorrow" I said with a stern tone. I heard a sigh through the end of the phone. 

"fine. Ill see you then" She said sounding defeated. I just hung up. I bolted straight up the stairs to the room and shut the door behind me. I just found the nearest corner and sunk down with my head in my hands. 

Ranna's POV

"And that's why you never put a stick in the microwave" Joven finished and we chuckled. 

"How does Kate deal with you? you broke the microwave by putting a freaking stick in it!" I exclaimed causing everyone to laugh. I looked around the wall cause I thought I heard someone run up the stairs. 

"I'll be right back" I said curiously as I got up. I walked into the kitchen expecting to see Damien but he was no where to be found. 

"Damien?" I called out but got no response. I turned to the stairs and went up them looking back and forth. I felt my phone buzz in my back pocket. I grabbed it and opened it. I saw that I had a new message so I clicked on it. It was from Damien. 

'I'm in the bedroom' It read. I looked at it confused but walked to the bedroom. The door was shut and I could hear shaky breaths coming from inside. I knocked on the door. 

"Damien? Can I come in? Are you okay?" I asked worried. I got no response so I cracked the door a bit. I didn't hear him so I opened the door the rest of the way and saw Damien slouched in a corner of the room with his head in his hands. 

"Damien!" I said concerned and shut the door fast before running over to him. 

"Dame, What happened?" I asked him but he just shook his head and let out a sob. I wrapped my arms around him. It only took a minute before he hugged back while sobbing into my shoulder and placing his head into the crook of m neck. 

"It's okay. I'm here for you Damien" I said hugging him tighter to me. He sobbed into my shoulder for about 5 minutes before he pulled away and looked at me. I wiped the tears coming down his face with my thumb and looked into his red puffy eyes. 

"do you want to talk about it?" I asked in a quiet voice. He nodded slowly looking at the ground. 

"I g-got a c-call from my s-sister. My m-m-mom c-collapsed a-and s-she's in the h-hospital" He stuttered before another tear fell down his face. I wiped it away and hugged him again. 

"I am so sorry Damien" I said kissing his cheek. 

"I-i have to l-leave tomorrow" He said pulling away but holding my hand. 

"Okay." I said nodding. I felt sad that he was leaving but he had to go. after minutes of silence I spoke up.

"Are you gonna be okay?" I asked. He nodded and went to lay on the bed. It was weird seeing Damien so...sad. Yes, I know everyone gets sad sometimes but it's weird for his always bright and happy self to become so...defeated. He laid on his back and looked at the ceiling. I stood up and made my way to the other side of the bed. I laid down staring at the ceiling as well. I felt his hand shift as he intertwined our fingers. 

"When you look at the ceiling, what do you see?" He asked randomly without moving. I stared straight up and imagined stars and the galaxy. 

"Stars. Shining bright. Giving us hope that one day we will shine as bright as they do." I said as I moved my vision from each star I imagined. 

"What do you see" I asked back.

"I see a future of endless possibility's. Good outcome, b-bad outcomes." He said stumbling over him words a bit. I looked over at him and saw a single tear drip down from his eye and hit the pillow. I gave him hand a squeeze.

"I have hope that everything will be fine. Great even. Everything will work itself out" I said turning to him on my side. 

"But what if it doesn't. You can never know the future" He said emotionless. 

"That's were hope and faith come in. Things will be fine" I said. Damien engulfed me into a massive hug and I hugged him back tight. 

"Thank you" He said in almost a whisper. 

"Of course. I love you" I responded. 

"I love you too" He said pulling away. I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head on his torso. He wrapped his arms around my torso and pulled me into him. 

"I wish time would just stop and we could stay here until we decided to face the world again." He said looking down at me. His eyes were still red and puffy. I reached one of my free hands up and rested my palm on the side of his neck and the rest of my hand on his cheek. 

"me too" I said nodding my hand and looking into his eye searching for the spark. he brought up one of his hand and rested it on top of mine. He gently grasped my hand and kissed the back of it gently as he laid it on his chest where his heart is. I felt it beating pretty fast then slow down to a normal tempo. 

"You helped me a lot today Ranna and I want to say that I will never let you go. EVER. You mean the world to me." He said staring into my eyes with every word he spoke. I buried my face into his chest blushing profusely. I heard him chuckle from above me which made me smile. 

"Don't you have to go back downstairs?" Damien questioned. I shook my head and nuzzled into his chest. 

"I guess 15 minutes wouldn't hurt" He said shifting to get comfortable. That was the last thing I heard before I fell asleep.