Chapter 10 - Just keep swimming

~~Mew's P.O.V.~~

We spent the next few hours cuddling and sleeping, then woke up around 1 in the afternoon. After we woke up we started watching movies and continued to cuddle. We were both still a little startled by what happened earlier.

"How're you doing..?" Lyle asked me softly after a while.

"I'm fine..I guess." I looked up at him

"You guess? Describe fine."

I just shrugged and looked back at the tv, I wasn't in a very talkative mood.

"Mew..."

"Lyle, I don't want to talk." I sat up and moved away from him then laid on my stomach, getting pissed off with him.

He sighed and laid on me, "Ms. Grumpy Gills. You know what you do when you're down?"

"What?" I asked, more as a demand.

"You keep swimming. Just keeping swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." He started to say in a melody; quoting 'Finding Nemo'.

I started laughing, he always knew how to make me laugh, "Lyle get off of me."

"Why? Maybe you're comfortable."

"Well you're uncomfortable." I laughed slightly, "Now please get off."

"Alright alright." He rolled off of me and beside me, causing me to look away because tears were streaming down my face.

"What's wrong..?" He seemed to have notice.

"Hm?"

"What's wrong, Mew?" He turned my head so I was looking at him.

"I don't know..I just.." I looked down and covered my face with my hands, crying harder. I felt his arms wrap around me in a hug. I nuzzled my head into his chest, enjoying that he was holding me. I felt him starting to stroke me hair, then he kissed my head.

"Mewy...what's wrong? Are you still scared about what happened earlier?" He spoke softly and lovingly.

I couldn't let him know what was actually wrong, because who knows how he'd react. So I just nodded my head and looked up at him. He wiped away my tears, even though we both knew that more would fall.

"I love you Mew. You're my bestest friend and I don't know what I'd do without you. I'm so so sorry about what happened earlier, I don't know why he'd ever, ever do something like that. But I promise I'll protect you from him." He kissed the top of my head, and smiles softly. I love it when he's protective. I just wish he meant he loved me as a spouse.

"Thank you Lyle." I looked down and wiped my tears away, "I love you too." I looked back up at him and smiled sadly, but softly. "Can we just order Chinese?"

He laughed at my question, "Sure, Mew, let's order some Chinese."

"Yay!" I did a double fist in the air, slowly and gradually forgetting some of my worries.

~~~

It was three a.m. in the morning and we had been watching Supernatural since eleven p.m., so as you could assume, but of us were extremely tired. We usually stayed up late, but hardly ever this late.

"What would you do.." I yawned, then Lyle cut me off.

"What?"

"Would you let me finish talking Lyle?" I looked at him drowsily.

"Let's get some sleep, it's three in the morning."

"Let. Me. Talk. Lyle."

"Alright alright, talk." He stood up, getting defensive, then sat down on the bed.

"What would you do, if I kissed you?" I asked casually, moving onto the bed also.

"Like, right here and now?"

"Yeah. Right here and right now." I looked at him, his face confused, yet a tint of happiness in it.

"Uhhhh...I don't know." He looked at me, still confused.

I shrugged, "Alright." I laid back and hugged his pillow then cuddled up against it.

"Hey, why can't we cuddle?" He laid back next to me and put his arm around my waist.

"Because you don't want to." I pouted into the pillow then felt him kiss my head.

"I never said that." He spoke softly, as if he thought I was serious.

"I know, let's go to sleep. It's three in the morning."

"Alright, alright." He cuddled up against my back, but I was falling asleep so I didn't bother to turn and cuddle him. It felt so right to sleep with him and cuddle with him, but at the same time it felt wrong because I was hiding so much from him. I don't know what I'm going to do, but I will do something. Once I finish procrastinating, that is.